IBM FileNet P8 Support for Linux on System z and z/OS
Which FileNet P8 4.5.x components are supported on Linux for System z and which IBM FileNet P8 4.5.x components support a remote database on z/OS?
IBM FileNet 4.5.x P8 Hardware and Software Requirements Guide for System z
This technote summarizes the IBM® FileNet® P8 4.5 hardware and software requirements for Linux on System z and other third-party software vendors. Use the following information to determine which vendor software products are compatible with FileNet P8 components and expansion products that support System z.
For more information, see the IBM FileNet P8 4.5.x Hardware and Software Requirements Guide.
To access documentation, compatibility matrices, and fix packs for IBM FileNet products:
1. Navigate to the Product Documentation for FileNet P8 Platform support page.
2. Select a PDF or a Doc Link, whichever is appropriate.
FileNet P8 components and expansion products support the specified minimum versions and later releases in the same version line (for example, fix packs and service packs) unless otherwise specified.
The product documentation is also available in the IBM FileNet P8 Information Center at: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/p8docs/v4r5m1/index.jsp
For information about the FileNet P8 5.0 release for Linux on System z, see the IBM FileNet P8 4.5.x Hardware and Software Requirements Guide: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3278&uid=swg27013654
IMPORTANT Although IBM provides support for third-party software vendor releases, versions, service packs, and patches, IBM has no control over the content and cannot guarantee compatibility with IBM FileNet products. In addition, IBM can support only these third-party products in accordance with the vendor's own product dependencies and support statements.
FileNet P8 Platform
· In a FileNet P8 domain where the supported FileNet P8 components are installed and running on zLinux, you can use DB2 for System Z as your remote database instance.
· DB2 on z/OS is supported only with WebSphere 6.1.0.x and 7.0.0.x deployments.
· For more information specifically on DB2 on z/OS with FileNet Content Manager, see this white paper: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/data/cm/filenet/docs/p8doc/45x/WhitePaper_DB2onZ.pdf
· The ISRA Servlet that ships with Application Engine 4.0.2 does not have a zLinux installer.
· The standard Linux installer for eForms work both for SUSE and RHEL x86 as well as SUSE and RHEL System Z (zLinux) editions.
· When you use Process Engine 4.5.0 with DB2 on z/OS, you might experience intermittent transaction failures that correspond to a “SQLCODE -906 and MSGDSNT501I RESOURCE UNAVAILABLE” error on the DB2 server. Apply DB2 APAR PK75567 to resolve this issue.
Content Search Engine
· Content Search Engine does not run on zLinux. To provide content search capability, you can deploy a Content Engine on zLinux and a Content Search Engine on any other supported Unix server
Business Activity Monitor/Cognos Now!
· Business Activity Monitor 4.5.0 is the terminal release of this product. FileNet P8 4.5.1 provides direct Cognos Now! integration. For hardware and software requirements for the Cognos Now! Suite, see: http://www-01.ibm.com/software/data/cognos/products/now/support/?S_CMP=rnav.
IBM System Dashboard for Enterprise Content Management 4.5.x
· The standard Linux installer for IBM System Dashboard for Enterprise Content Management 4.5.x works both for SUSE and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) x86 as well as SUSE and RHEL zLinux editions.
FileNet Services for Lotus Quickr 1.0
· FileNet Services for Lotus Quickr 1.0 does not support Content Engine with DB2 on z/OS.
|Operating System (z/OS- OS/390- MVS)||z/OS||General Information||Linux, Linux|
Translate this page: