This document describes how to download IBM® Rational® Modeling Extension for Microsoft® .NET, Version 7.5.3 for local installations.
For details about this release, see the Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET, Version 7.5.3 Release information.
Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET extends the Eclipse IDE used by the Rational software modeling product that hosts the modeling extension. The host offering must be downloaded and installed before the modeling extension can be installed.
Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET, Version 7.5.3 requires one of the following host products: IBM Rational Software Modeler, IBM Rational Software Architect Standard Edition, or IBM Rational Software Architect for WebSphere® Software, versions 7.5.3, or later.
For information about the general hardware and software requirements for installing Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET, see the system requirements page.
For information about additional prerequisites specific to this update, see the Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET, Version 7.5.3 Release information.
Disk space requirements
Consult the disk space requirements for the host offering you are installing Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET with. In addition to the disk space required for the host offering and Microsoft Visual Studio, if you choose to download the update as compressed files for local installation, you require 9.24 MB to store and extract the compressed files.
Important: By default, you do not need to download the compressed files that contain the update; the update is downloaded and installed by IBM Installation Manager directly from the IBM update repository.
For instructions about installing this refresh pack using Installation Manager, see the Release information.
For information about deploying Rational Modeling Extension in an enterprise environment, see Installation Manager Information Center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r2/index.jsp.
To download and install the refresh pack from the compressed files:
- Download the refresh pack files listed in the download table below.
- Extract the compressed files in an appropriate directory. For example, choose to extract to C:\temp\update .
- Add the refresh pack's repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository window, browse to or enter the file path to the diskTag.inf file, which is located in the disk1 sub-directory in the directory where you extracted the compressed files and then click OK. For example, enter C:\temp\updates\disk1\diskTag.inf.
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
- Install the refresh pack as described in the section "Installation instructions" in the Release information.
You can download the refresh pack by using either Download Director or FTP from the table below. If you are unable to use either of these methods, you can download the refresh pack by using HTTP from the this Web address: http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rationalsdp/v75/rme/753/zips/
For information about APARs fixed in this release, see Fixed APAR List for Rational Modeling Extension for Microsoft .NET, Versions 7.5.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is DD?