IBM Debug Tool Plug-in for Eclipse provides a graphical user interface to IBM Debug Tool for z/OS, V10 or V11.
NOTE: To download the latest Debug Tool Plug-in go to the Latest IBM Problem Determination Tools Plug-ins Combined Packages page.
IBM Debug Tool Plug-in for Eclipse provides easy access through a graphical user interface (GUI) on the workstation to Debug Tool for z/OS. The GUI can be used to help debug z/OS-based load modules running on MVS, including load modules that run in a subsystem like CICS, DB2 or IMS. The GUI interface allows you to access debugging capability similar to that accessed by the z/OS host interface, allowing you to do the following tasks:
- Set and clear breakpoints at a specific line.
- Set and clear breakpoints for an error or warning-level error that is based on Language Environment severities.
- Run to a breakpoint.
- Step into a procedure.
- Step over a procedure.
- View variable values and change them as you step through the code.
- View variable values in the context of a larger area of storage.
- View the call stack.
Here is a screenshot of the Debug Tool GUI plug-in in action:
- V126.96.36.199 (14 Mar 2012)
- When using the DTCN (for CICS) plug-in, the transaction id is no longer uppercased.
- IBM Debug Tool Plug-in for Eclipse updated to later RDz level.
- V188.8.131.52 (5 Mar 2012)
- An existing but inactive DTCN profile can now be activated when customer site has requirements such as DTCNFORCETRANID, DTCNFORCEUSERID etc.
- V184.108.40.206 (10 Feb 2012)
- DTCN plugin enhanced to support user ids that contain a special character such as #
- Bug fixes
- V220.127.116.11 (15 Dec 2011)
- Enhanced hover capabilities
- Enhanced monitor and variables for arrays and structures to include an index value
- Enhanced ability to restore breakpoints
- Enhancements to DTCN and DTSP plug-ins
- Bug fixes
- V18.104.22.168 (14 Jul 2011)
- Added support for IMS Explorer and the latest level of the CICS Explorer
- The Debug Tool DTCN and DTSP Profile Manager plug-ins are now included
- V10.1.0.0 (14 May 2010)
- Initial release
The following minimum hardware levels are requiredug-in:
The following software is also required:
- IBM Debug Tool for z/OS, V10.1, or V11.1
- One of the following levels of the Microsoft Windows operating system:
- Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 32-bit
- One of the following Eclipse-based platforms:
1. IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V10.1 or V11.1 users should download and install the V11 plug-in.
2. To install the V11 plug-in:
- Review the "System requirements and prerequisites" section in the DT Plug-in V11 Readme PDF (available below) and verify that you have met all the requirements and installed all the prerequisites.
- Click on the HTTP link (in Download table, below) for the DT Plug-in V11 and save the compressed file to your local machine.
- Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your target machine. This will create the necessary installation files.
- Review the "Installing Debug Tool Plug-in for Eclipse..." section for either the CICS Explorer or IMS Explorer (whichever you are using with the plug-in) of the DT Plug-in V11 Readme PDF for instructions on how to complete the installation.
|DT Plug-in V11 Readme PDF||US English||147456|
Note that, aside from the LANGUAGE column defined in the download table below, this plug-in supports the following languages:
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|DT Plug-in V11||14 May 2012||US English||18587648||HTTP|
This plug-in is available at no charge to all licensed users of IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V10, or later. It is supplied under the standard terms and conditions of the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and of the associated License Information and other documentation, and provides a defect correction entitlement for those licensed users entitled to service for IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V10, or later. Service is available for this plug-in for as long as the IBM Debug Tool for z/OS product with which the plug-in is to be used is generally supported by IBM. In addition, IBM reserves the right to discontinue service on this plug-in when it is withdrawn from marketing by IBM. Please reference "IBM Debug Tool for z/OS" as the entitled product when contacting IBM and requesting support for this plug-in.
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Transaction Server||Explorer||Windows||4.2, 4.1, 3.2, 3.1|