Preventive Service Planning
This document lists the hardware, software, disk space, and memory that are required to install the data server components for InfoSphere Warehouse 9.5.2.
Ensure that your computer meets the following requirements before you install the data warehouse server components of InfoSphere Warehouse.
This section contains the required hardware and software for the computer on which you install the data warehouse server.
Hardware and software
If your system meets the installation requirements for DB2 Enterprise Server Edition, then your system likely meets the system requirements for installing all of the data warehouse server components in InfoSphere Warehouse.
|Operating system||Minimum prerequisites||Number of bits||Hardware|
|AIX Version 5.3 and 6.1||
||64||IBM eServer servers with POWER technology|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux V4||
||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux V5||
||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|SuSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (SLES 9)||Either Service Pack 4, or SP3 and required maintenance||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|SuSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10 (SLES 10)||Service Pack 2||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|Solaris 9 and Solaris 10||The following patches are also required:
||64||Systems based on UltraSPARC processor|
|HP-UX 11iv2 and 11iv3||N/A||64||Integrity Series systems|
|Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter Editions||Service Pack 1. R2 is also supported.||32||A Pentium or Pentium-compatible (x86) CPU is required.|
|Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter Editions||Service Pack 1. R2 is also supported.||64||AMD64 or Intel EM64T|
|Windows Server 2008||N/A||64||AMD64 or Intel EM64T|
- Linux users: Computers on which you install servers require the packages listed in the document called Installation requirements for DB2 servers and IBM data server clients (Linux) in the DB2 information center.
DB2 Database Partitioning Feature users on Linux on System z: If you want to run the DB2 Database Partitioning Feature on Linux on System z, you must install it from one of the following products:
- The IBM InfoSphere Warehouse Base Edition. This includes DB2 and the Database Partitioning Feature. It also includes some InfoSphere Warehouse tools but those tools do not run on Linux on System z.
- The IBM Base Warehouse Feature for DB2. This includes the Database Partitioning Feature. It also includes some InfoSphere Warehouse tools but those tools do not run on Linux on System z.
- HP-UX users: This product uses HP Runtime Environment for J2SE HP-UX 11i platform, adapted by IBM for IBM Software, Version 1.4.2.
- Temporary space for installable images (Passport Advantage only)
Before installing this product, Passport Advantage customers must download the installation images to the target computer. These images contain the installation executable files for the components you are installing. This space is different from the space needed to run the installation program.
Approximately 1.2 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation images of the data warehouse server components
- Temporary space for running the installation program
Approximately 1.5 GB of disk space is recommended.
- Permanent space for the installed components
On Windows, approximately 1 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation directory for the data server.
On Linux and UNIX platforms, approximately 1.4 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation directory for the data server.
- Memory for installing the product
A minimum of 512 MB of memory is needed by the installation program to install all the data server components.
- Memory for running the product
A minimum of 1 GB of memory is the minimum amount of memory required to run the data server components alone. If you run the application server components on the same computer, 2 GB of memory is recommended.
If you add more components to the same computer, you must have more memory to run them in addition to the memory reserved for the data warehouse server.