DB2 Warehouse 9.5 system requirements for application servers
Preventive Service Planning
This document lists the hardware, software, disk space, and memory that are required to install the application server components for DB2 Warehouse 9.5.
Ensure that your computer meets the following requirements before you install the application server components of DB2® Warehouse.
Hardware and software
|Operating system||Minimum prerequisites||Number of bits||Hardware|
|AIX® Version 5.3||
||64||IBM® eServer servers with POWER technology|
|HP-UX 11iv2 and 11iv3||N/A||64||Integrity Series systems|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux® V4||
||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel® EM64T)|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux V5||
||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (SLES 9)||Either Service Pack 4, or SP3 and required maintenance||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10 (SLES 10)||Either Service Pack 1 or required maintenance||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 ²||The following patches are also required:
||64||Systems based on UltraSPARC processor|
|Windows® Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter Editions.||Service Pack 1, and R2||32||A Pentium® or Pentium-compatible (x86) CPU is required.|
|Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter Editions||Service Pack 1, and R2||64||AMD64 or Intel EM64T|
- HP-UX users: This product uses HP Runtime Environment for J2SE HP-UX 11i platform, adapted by IBM for IBM Software, Version 1.4.2.
- Solaris 9 users: WebSphere Application Server 6.1 is only available in a 32-bit version. On the 64-bit version of Solaris, the DB2 Warehouse configuration tool sets up the 32-bit WebSphere server. For details of this setup, see the WebSphere documentation.
- Web browsers supported by DB2 Warehouse Administration Console: The DB2 Warehouse Administration Console was certified with Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP 1 and Internet Explorer V7.0 (Windows), and Firefox V1.5 and V2.0.
- Web browsers supported by WebSphere Application Server: The administrative console for WebSphere Applications Server supports Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP 1 (Windows), Mozilla 1.7.8, and Firefox V1.5.
For each copy of DB2 Warehouse you install on a computer, make sure that you have enough disk space to run the installation program and then run DB2 Warehouse. Additionally, Passport Advantage® customers need extra disk space to store the downloadable installation images.
- Temporary space for installable download images (Passport Advantage only)
Before installing DB2 Warehouse, Passport Advantage customers must download the installation images to the target computer. These images contain the installation executable files for the DB2 Warehouse components you are installing. This space is different from the space needed to run the installation program.
Approximately 2.7 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation images of the application server components.
On AIX and HP-UX, you must have enough disk space for the installable images for the entire DB2 Warehouse product, even if you are not installing all the components. This is approximately 7.5 GB.
- Temporary space for running the installation program
Approximately 550 MB of disk space is recommended.
- Permanent space for the installed components
Approximately 2 GB of disk space is recommended for WebSphere, the DB2 Warehouse Administration Console, and the IBM Alphablox administration tool. If you are installing WebSphere into a 64-bit instance, you will need an additional 500 MB.
- Memory for installing the product
A minimum of 1 GB of memory is recommended to install the application server.
- Memory for running the product
A minimum of 1 GB of memory is the minimum amount of memory required to run the application server alone. If you run the data warehouse server components on the same computer, 2 GB of memory is recommended.
If you add more DB2 Warehouse components to the same computer, you must have more memory to run them in addition to the memory reserved for the application server.
More support for:
Software version: 9.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: Advanced, Base, Developer, Enterprise, Intermediate, Starter
Reference #: 1289906
Modified date: 31 March 2010