Preventive Service Planning
This document lists the hardware, software, disk space, and memory that are required to install the data server components for DB2 Warehouse 9.5.
Ensure that your computer meets the following requirements before you install the data warehouse server components of DB2® Warehouse.
This section contains the required hardware and software for the computer on which you install the data warehouse server.
Hardware and software
If your system meets the installation requirements for DB2 Enterprise Server Edition 9.5, then your system likely meets the system requirements for installing all of the data warehouse server components in DB2 Warehouse.
|Operating system||Minimum prerequisites||Number of bits||Hardware|
|AIX® Version 5.3||
||64||IBM® eServer servers with POWER technology|
|HP-UX 11iv2 and 11iv3||N/A||64||Integrity Series systems|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux® V4||
||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel® EM64T)|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux V5||
||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (SLES 9)||Either Service Pack 4, or SP3 and required maintenance||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10 (SLES 10)||Either Service Pack 1 or required maintenance||64||x86-64 (AMD64, Intel EM64T)|
|Solaris 9 and Solaris 10||The following patches are also required:
||64||Systems based on UltraSPARC processor|
|Windows® Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter Editions||Service Pack 1. R2 is also supported.||32||A Pentium® or Pentium-compatible (x86) CPU is required.|
|Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter Editions||Service Pack 1. R2 is also supported.||64||AMD64 or Intel EM64T|
- Linux users: Computers on which you install servers require the packages listed in the Linux installation requirements for DB2 Enterprise Server Edition.
- AIX and Linux users: You must have Tivoli® System Automation for Multiplatforms (SAMP) installed. For Linux, System Automation RPMs and RSCT RPMS are required. For AIX 5.3, IY87839 is required. For detailed information, refer to the official Tivoli SAMP installation guide:
- HP-UX users: This product uses HP Runtime Environment for J2SE HP-UX 11i platform, adapted by IBM for IBM Software, Version 1.4.2.
For each copy of DB2 Warehouse you install on a computer, make sure that you have enough disk space to run the installation program and then run DB2 Warehouse. Additionally, Passport Advantage® customers need extra disk space to store the downloadable installation images.
- Temporary space for installable images (Passport Advantage only)
Before installing DB2 Warehouse, Passport Advantage customers must download the installation images to the target computer. These images contain the installation executable files for the DB2 Warehouse components you are installing. This space is different from the space needed to run the installation program.
Approximately 1.2 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation images of the data warehouse server components
- Temporary space for running the installation program
Approximately 550 MB of disk space is recommended.
- Permanent space for the installed components
On Windows, approximately 1 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation directory for the data server.
On Linux and UNIX® platforms, approximately 1.4 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation directory for the data server.
- Memory for installing the product
A minimum of 512 MB of memory is needed by the DB2 Warehouse installation program to install all the data server components.
- Memory for running the product
A minimum of 1 GB of memory is the minimum amount of memory required to run the data server components alone. If you run the application server components on the same computer, 2 GB of memory is recommended.
If you add more DB2 Warehouse components to the same computer, you must have more memory to run them in addition to the memory reserved for the data warehouse server.