MustGather: Read first for WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
MustGather documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs). These documents contain a list of the documentation you should gather so WebSphere DataPower Support can diagnose your specific problem. These documents might also include diagnostic tips that will aid in diagnosing and solving problems.
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the PMR, helps WebSphere DataPower Support quickly determine if:
- Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery)
- There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved
- There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity
- Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix
Resolving the problem
IBM provides support for these IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance products:
- WebSphere DataPower XML Accelerator XA35
- WebSphere DataPower XML Security Gateway XS40
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI50 and XI52
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Edition
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Blade XI50B
- WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB60 and XB62
- WebSphere DataPower Low Latency Appliance XM70 and XM70 with Fibre Channel
- WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 and XG45 Virtual Edition
Note for customers using firmware version 3.8.2 or later:
- Use the following MustGather documents based on the issue you're encountering.
|Required: Gathering information for IBM entitlement to open a PMR|
Gather the following information needed to entitle your PMR:
- Serial number of the appliance
- Firmware version
- Use the WebGUI Navigation Bar Status > System > Version Information
- IBM customer numbers
- A valid contact e-mail address and phone number
- Severity of this issue to your business
NOTE: Set the severity of your problem based on the Severity Levels table found in WebSphere DataPower Warranty and Maintenance Support Services.
|Gathering general problem description information|
Gather the following general problem information:
- A complete description of the problem, including the following:
- List of steps to recreate problem
- Capture images of the screen to help describe the steps
- Error messages
- Any changes to installed firmware version
- Exported Error Report- see the following section about collecting MustGather data through the WebGUI or command line interface.
|Gathering component specific information|
Click on the problem or issue that best describes your situation. This will provide you with a listing of the documentation that the support team requires to diagnose your problem.
If you cannot determine a specific component, select the first, general MustGather link.
|General MustGather documents|
|Collecting data: WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances problem determination|
|CLI MustGather documents|
|Collecting data on the command line: WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances problem determination|
|File Transfer MustGather documents|
|MustGather: Collecting data when experiencing FTP issues on WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances|
|ITCAM MustGather documents|
|MustGather: Documentation for ITCAM SOA and WebSphere DataPower problem determination|
|Logging MustGather documents|
|MustGather for WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances NFS Log Target|
|Message MustGather documents|
|MustGather: WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance presents a power supply message: "System power supply #_ has failed"|
|MustGather: WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance presents a fan message|
|MQ MustGather documents|
|Collecting data: WebSphere MQ and WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances problem determination|
|ODBC MustGather documents|
|MustGather: Collecting data when experiencing ODBC issues on IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances 3.8.1 and above|
|MustGather: Collecting data when experiencing ODBC issues on IBM DataPower SOA Appliances|
|SSL MustGather documents|
|MustGather: Debugging SSL handshake failures with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance|
|WebGUI Performance MustGather documents|
|MustGather for WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance WebGUI Performance issues|
|WSProxy MustGather documents|
|MustGather: Collecting data when experiencing issues with a Web Service Proxy on IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances|
|XB60 MustGather documents|
|MustGather: WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB60|
|Opening a WebSphere DataPower Support PMR|
More information on opening Problem Management Records (PMRs) can be found in Contacting IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Support.
|Exchanging information with IBM support|
You can update your PMR in one of the following ways:
|General hints and tips|
Search for known problems from the WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances support site.
Download the latest firmware.
Download and view product documentation.
|Receive weekly Support e-mail|
|Sign up for My Notification to receive a customized weekly e-mail from IBM support. Learn about announcements and important technical support information.
More support for:
IBM DataPower Gateways
Software version: 4.0.2, 5.0.0, 6.0.0, 6.0.1
Operating system(s): Firmware
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1269260
Modified date: 24 March 2016
Translate this page: