IBM DataPower Gateways Firmware Support Lifecycle
This document provides information on the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Firmware Support Lifecycle.
IBM DataPower Gateways continues to provide functionally rich technology to the market place through newer, more capable appliances. As older appliances mature, they will eventually be retired and no longer supported. IBM Support wants to minimize the business impact of change to our customers so we have created the IBM DataPower Gateways end-of-service policy to assist our customers with their planning.
The IBM DataPower Gateways Firmware end-of-service policy will:
- Provide a minimum of five years device product technical support, starting at the General Availability of the new product. Beginning with the 8436 models, standard appliance service and support is available for five years from the end-of-marketing (EOM) date as described in the IBM Appliance Support Handbook
- Publish a notice of support discontinuance (end-of-service) for a product at least 12 months before the effective date
IBM DataPower Gateways will provide a minimum of 2 years of support for each firmware release beginning at the general availability (GA) of the release. IBM DataPower Gateways will continue to support the latest three levels of its firmware even if some of those firmware levels have aged more than 2 years. We will make these releases and their latest updates available from our support webpage. Releases of the IBM DataPower Gateways firmware that are older than 2 years and are not within the three latest levels of firmware are subject to support withdrawal at any time. Customers will receive a 12-month notice of this withdrawal for planning purposes.
Note: IBM DataPower Gateways customers can use the following table to track how long their version and release of a particular firmware level will be supported. By using the information in this table, customers can effectively plan their firmware investment without any gaps in support. Customers will receive 12 months notice prior to the end-of-service date.
|Release||GA date||End-of-service date||Comment|
|6.0.1||12/2013||06/19/2016||6.0.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|6.0.0||06/2013||06/19/2016||6.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|5.0.0||06/2012||06/30/2015||5.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.2||09/2011||11/30/2014||4.0.2 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.1||06/2011||06/30/2014||4.0.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.0||06/2011||09/30/2013||4.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.2||12/2010||09/30/2013||3.8.2 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.1||06/2010||12/31/2012||3.8.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.0||11/2009||09/30/2012||3.8.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.7.3||04/2009||12/31/2011||3.7.3 Withdrawal Announcement|
|1.0.0||12/2008||12/31/2010||1.0.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.2||12/2008||12/31/2010||3.7.2 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.1||08/2008||08/31/2010||3.7.1 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.0||07/2008||08/31/2010||3.7.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.6.1||12/2007||12/31/2009||3.6.1 Announcement Archived|
|3.6.0||10/2006||08/31/2009||3.6.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.5.1||06/2006||02/28/2009||3.5.1 Announcement Archived|
- For information on current DataPower firmware versions, see Supported Firmware versions and recommended upgrade levels for IBM DataPower Gateways".
- Refer to the Contact Support page for how to reach IBM DataPower Gateways Support.
- Customers are responsible for completing migration activities to currently supported levels before a release level reaches end-of-support.
- Might allow short duration support extensions, for an additional fee, immediately following the end-of-support for a specific firmware level. Extensions would be for a very limited time period with limited terms and conditions. An extension is intended to provide support while customers complete their migration to a supported release.
More support for:
IBM DataPower Gateways
Software version: 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 7.0.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.5
Operating system(s): Firmware
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1246298
Modified date: 2016-06-02