This document provides information on the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Firmware Support Lifecycle.
IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA appliances continues to provide functionally rich technology to the market place through newer, more capable appliances. As older appliances mature, they will eventually be retired and no longer supported. IBM WebSphere DataPower wants to minimize the business impact of change to our customers so we have created the IBM WebSphere DataPower End of Service policy to assist our customers with your planning.
The IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Firmware End of Service policy will:
- Provide a minimum of five years device product technical support, starting at the General Availability of the new product
- Publish a notice of support discontinuance (end of service) for a product at least 12 months before the effective date
WebSphere DataPower will provide a minimum of 2 years of support for each firmware release beginning at the general availability (GA) of the release. WebSphere DataPower will continue to support the latest three levels of its firmware even if some of those firmware levels have aged more than 2 years. We will make these releases and their latest updates available from our support web page. Releases of the WebSphere DataPower firmware that are older than 2 years and are not within the three latest levels of firmware are subject to support withdrawal at any time. Customers will receive a 12-month notice of this withdrawal for planning purposes.
Note: IBM WebSphere DataPower customers can use the table below to track how long their version and release of a particular firmware level will be supported. Using the information in this table, customers will be able to effectively plan their firmware investment, without any gaps in support. Customers will receive 12 months notice prior to the End of Service Date.
|Release||GA DATE||End of Service date||Comment|
|3.5.1||06/2006||02/28/2009||3.5.1 Announcement Archived|
|3.6.0||10/2006||08/31/2009||3.6.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.6.1||12/2007||12/31/2009||3.6.1 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.0||07/2008||08/31/2010||3.7.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.1||08/2008||08/31/2010||3.7.1 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.2||12/2008||12/31/2010||3.7.2 Announcement Archived|
|1.0.0||12/2008||12/31/2010||1.0.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.3||04/2009||12/31/2011||3.7.3 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.0||11/2009||09/30/2012||3.8.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.1||06/2010||12/31/2012||3.8.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.2||12/2010||09/30/2013||3.8.2 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.0||06/2011||09/30/2013||4.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.1||06/2011||06/30/2014||4.0.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.2||09/2011||11/30/2014||4.0.2 Withdrawal Announcement|
- For information on current WebSphere DataPower firmware versions, see Supported Firmware versions and recommended upgrade levels for IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance".
- Refer to the contact information on this web site for telephone numbers to reach IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Support.
- Service Extensions are not provided on out of support firmware levels.
- Customers are responsible for completing migration activities to currently supported levels before a release level reaches end of support.