IBM DataPower Gateways Firmware Support Lifecycle
This document provides information on the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Firmware Support Lifecycle.
IBM DataPower Gateway is a purpose-built gateway solution that secures and optimizes business assets. It’s available in multiple form factors, ranging from physical appliances, virtual appliances, Linux & Docker.
IBM provides flexible support options to meet the needs of your business and minimize any business impact. The IBM DataPower Gateways end-of-service support policy applies differently between hardware and firmware.
DataPower physical appliance hardware is supported for a minimum of five years, starting at the General Availability of the new product. Beginning with the 8436 models, standard appliance service and support is available for five years from the end-of-marketing (EOM) date as described in the IBM Appliance Support Handbook.
For end-of-service information on physical appliances, see IBM DataPower Gateways End of Service dates.
Businesses are building modernized digital platforms to drive innovation and disruption within the industry. IBM DataPower Gateways are a core component in these platforms and it needs to deliver new business functionality to keep pace with business innovation. Effective with DataPower Gateway firmware V7.6, DataPower introduces a Continuous Delivery (CD) model to accelerate delivery of new capabilities and meet market needs. DataPower CD will consist of two releases:
1) CD release approximately once per quarter
2) Long Term Support (LTS) release every 2 years.
- LTS releases are for customer seeking enhanced stability and do not wish to upgrade on the CD schedule, while CD releases are intended for customers seeking the latest features.
- CD releases will provide a minimum of 2 years of support for each firmware release beginning at the general availability (GA) of the release.
- LTS and CD releases provide a minimum of one-year extended support. IBM will publish a notice of support discontinuance (end-of-service) for a product at least 6 months before the effective date.
- Firmware versions prior to V7.6, for example, V7.5 and V7.2 will remain on the traditional IBM DataPower Gateway support model. They will be supported for a minimum of 2 years. Customers will receive a 12-month notice of any withdrawal for planning purposes.
- Details on the CD support policy are available here: http://www.ibm.com/software/support/lifecycle/cd-policy.html
Note: IBM DataPower Gateways customers can use the following table to track how long their version and release of a particular firmware level will be supported. By using the information in this table, customers can effectively plan their firmware investment without any gaps in support.
|Release||GA date||End-of-service date||Comment|
|7.2.0||06/2015||09/30/2018||7.2.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|7.1.0||11/2014||09/30/2018||7.1.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|7.0.0||06/2014||09/30/2017||7.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|6.0.2 (Common Criteria)||05/2015|
|6.0.1||12/2013||06/19/2016||6.0.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|6.0.0||06/2013||06/19/2016||6.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|5.0.0||06/2012||06/30/2015||5.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.2||09/2011||11/30/2014||4.0.2 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.1||06/2011||06/30/2014||4.0.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|4.0.0||06/2011||09/30/2013||4.0.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.2||12/2010||09/30/2013||3.8.2 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.1||06/2010||12/31/2012||3.8.1 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.8.0||11/2009||09/30/2012||3.8.0 Withdrawal Announcement|
|3.7.3||04/2009||12/31/2011||3.7.3 Withdrawal Announcement|
|1.0.0||12/2008||12/31/2010||1.0.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.2||12/2008||12/31/2010||3.7.2 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.1||08/2008||08/31/2010||3.7.1 Announcement Archived|
|3.7.0||07/2008||08/31/2010||3.7.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.6.1||12/2007||12/31/2009||3.6.1 Announcement Archived|
|3.6.0||10/2006||08/31/2009||3.6.0 Announcement Archived|
|3.5.1||06/2006||02/28/2009||3.5.1 Announcement Archived|
- For information on current DataPower firmware versions, see Supported Firmware versions and recommended upgrade levels for IBM DataPower Gateways".
- Refer to the Contact Support page for how to reach IBM DataPower Gateways Support.
- Customers are responsible for completing migration activities to currently supported levels before a release level reaches end-of-support.
- Short duration support extensions are available on a case-by-case basis, for an additional fee, immediately following the end-of-support for a specific firmware level. Extensions would be for a very limited time period with limited terms and conditions. An extension is intended to provide support while customers complete their migration to a supported release.
More support for:
IBM DataPower Gateways
Software version: 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1, 7.0.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.5, 7.5.1, 7.5.2, 7.6
Operating system(s): Firmware
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1246298
Modified date: 04 October 2017
Translate this page: