This document details the download and installation instructions of a WebSphere Application Server critical fix for WebSphere Process Server, version 6.1 and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, version 6.1.
Resolving the problem
You must install critical fixes on your system after you perform either of the following:
- A full installation of WebSphere Process Server, version 6.1
- A full installation of WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, version 6.1
This technote includes instructions on how to install these critical fixes and links for downloading the critical fix .pak file.
Note: For WebSphere Integration Developer version 6.1, do not directly apply these critical fixes to your installation using these instructions. Instead, apply the fixes to the test environment using the IBM Installation Manager. See the bottom of this document for details.
|Installing the WebSphere application critical fix|
- Back up the configuration files.
- Stop all Java processes that are running in the IBM Java 2 Runtime, which is included in the WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus or WebSphere Process Server product.
Stop all WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus or WebSphere Process Server processes on the server onto which you plan to install the critical fixes. This includes the node agent process, the deployment manager process, and all server processes that belong to serviceable products, such as the IBM HTTP Server.
Note: If you install the critical fixes for version 6.1 while a WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus or WebSphere Process Server related process is running, then the installed product might not continue to run successfully.
- Install the IBM Update Installer for WebSphere Software 184.108.40.206, which is included on the WebSphere Process Server or WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus CD1, DVD, or electronic software delivery (ESD) image.
You can install the Update Installer from the launchpad or by running the install command from the UpdateInstaller directory on the installation media. The Update Installer can be installed anywhere on your system; remember where you installed it for the remaining installation steps.
- Download the appropriate critical fix for version 6.1 to the following directory on your system:
- Install the critical fixes using the Update Installer with graphical user interface or the Update Installer in silent mode. For the i5/OS system, use the Update Installer in silent mode)
|Using the Update Installer|
To use the Update Installer, follow these steps:
- Change to the following directory:
- Run the update binary file to start the Update Installer.
- On the Product Selection screen, enter the installation location of the WebSphere Process Server or WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus installation that you are updating and click Next.
- On the Maintenance Operation Selection screen, choose to "install maintenance package" and click Next.
- On the Maintenance Package Directory Selection screen, keep the default location (<update_install_root>/maintenance) and click Next.
- On the Available Maintenance Package to Install screen, all of the fixes should be selected for installation. Click Next.
- On the Installation Summary screen, click Next to begin the installation of the critical fixes.
|Using the Update Installer in silent mode|
To perform a silent installation, follow these steps:
- Change to the following directory:
- Run the following command:
update -W maintenance.package="<update_install_root>/maintenance" -W product.location="<install_root>" -silent
|<update_install_root>||is where the Update Installer is installed|
|<install_root>||is the location of the WebSphere Process Server or WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus installation|
Refer to the following files for detailed information about using the update command:
< update_install_root >/docs/readme_updateinstaller.html
< update_install_root >/docs/readme_updateinstaller.pdf
|Download||Release Date||Language||Size (Bytes)||Download Options|
|Install the critical fixes to WebSphere Integration Developer test environment|
New to v6.1, WebSphere Process Server updates are available through the IBM Installation Manager which enables customers to service their WebSphere Process Server Test Environment in WebSphere Integration Developer using the same tool as they use for WebSphere Integration Developer.
It is recommended that customers use the live update site to install fixes. Instructions on how to apply these updates are located here: Instructions on Installing from Live Update Repository
A local update repository is also provided for customers who prefer to download and install from a local copy. Instructions are available here: Instructions on Installing from Local Update Repository.
These instructions are also included within the download package.
|Live Update Repository (recommended)
see instructions above
|Local Update Repository
|Business Integration||WebSphere Integration Developer|
|Business Integration||WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus|