Systems Management for Toshiba Retail Store Solutions Products
Toshiba Remote Management Agent (RMA) is a key component of the Toshiba's retail management solution that offers retailers a way to manage their store hardware and software with a single solution. RMA enables retailers to monitor existing in-store devices from a central site location, and its standards based (JMX); open architecture design provides an interface to retail applications, and devices for systems management.
RMA provides the following capabilities:
- Remote enterprise management which provides visibility and monitoring of system software and hardware from a single console
- Inventory management, identifying where systems are deployed and tracking hardware and software versions
- Out of the box remote monitoring of the hardware and peripherals to help prevent hardware failures and outages
- Health Status Dashboard to easily see a comprehensive view of system health across the enterprise
- Automatically identify and predict problems before they cause interruptions in the store and send notifications to a mobile device, email, or start a task to correct the problem without manual intervention
- Software distribution, updating BIOS, firmware, drivers, OS security patches, and retail applications
RMA is a solution for total store systems management and it is comprised of two major functional components; Agents and a Management Application.
The RMA Agents provide the framework for moving store systems inventory, events, configurations, updates, and monitoring data to management applications like IBM Systems Director.
RMA V3 consists of the following two Agents:
- RMA General Agent (GA) - Installed on the POS systems.
- RMA Master Agent (MA) - Installed on a single system in the store, ISP or Controller
Supported IBM RSS hardware platforms for RMA Agents:
- TCxWave 6140
- SurePOS 100
- SurePOS 300
- SurePOS 700
- SurePOS 500/600
- IBM Anyplace Kiosk
- IBM Self-Checkout
- The General Agent requires a minimum 1GHz processor with at least 70MB of free memory when running in a Windows environment. On 4690, additional memory may be required depending on the number of terminals the controller supports.
- The Master Agent requires a minimum 1GHz processor with at least 1GB of system memory.
The operating systems supported by RMA V3R1.2 agents are:
- Microsoft Windows Embedded for Point-of-Service (WEPOS) Preload V1.1
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP2
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server R2 SP2
- Microsoft Windows 2008 Server SP2 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3
- Microsoft Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Embedded POSReady 7
The Remote Management Master Agent V3R1.2 supports communication with previous levels of the General Agents running on the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows versions listed above
- 4690 OS V6R2 with RMA V2R6
- 4690 OS V6R3 with RMA V2R6
- 4690 OS V6R4 with RMA V3R1.1
RMA V3R1.2 includes the Retail Extensions for IBM Systems Director Server 184.108.40.206, which provides the management of RMA Agents. These extensions allow seamless integration of the retail devices supported by the RMA with the powerful functions of IBM Systems Director.
RMA V3R1.2 also includes the Retail Enterprise Service (RES). RES is a service used to support the Retail Extensions for IBM Systems Director. It must be installed on the same system as the IBM Systems Director Server.
The operating systems supported by Retail Extensions for IBM Systems Director 220.127.116.11 and Retail Enterprise Service for RMA V3R1.2 are:
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Enterprise and Standard Editions (64 bit), with or without SP 1
- Redhat Enterprise Linux Server, version 6.4 (64 bit)
This download is an ISO image of RMA V3R1.2 that contains install packages for the RMA MA, the RMA GA, the Retail Extensions for IBM Systems Director Server 18.104.22.168, the Retail Enterprise Service (RES) and importable packages for upgrading existing RMA installations using the IBM Systems Director Update Manager task.
RMA Enhanced Security
RMA V3R1.2 offers the ability to run the RMA Master Agent in Enhanced Security mode. When the RMA Master Agent is installed in Enhanced Security mode, a local or domain Administrator user ID and password is required for authentication to complete the connection to the store devices. After installing the RMA Master Agent with Enhanced Security, the agent will initial be discovered in an “Unauthenticated” state. To complete the connection to the Enhanced Secured Master Agent, the agent must be authenticated by entering the proper user ID and password in either the RES Configuration UI or through the IBM Systems Director console.
Obtaining IBM Systems Director
RMA V3R1.2 integrates with IBM Systems Director 22.214.171.124 Standard Edition, which requires that you purchase a license for the server system. Please contact your IBM sales representative in order to receive the IBM Systems Director Server license.
Read Electronic License Agreement below before proceeding. See the RMA User’s Guide Chapter 3/ Requirements for hardware and software requirements.. There is no Javadoc update for V3R1.2
|RMA Users Guide||English||3482889|
|RMA License Agreement||Language Independent||783841|
|RMA Javadoc (v2.6)||English||2270000|
|RMA Support Policy||English||62464|
See the RMA user’s guide Chapter 2/ Installation
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|RMA V3R1.2 B13 ISO CD Image||21 Mar 2014||English||931463168||FTP|
|RMA V2.6.1 Build 27 ISO CD Image||9 Mar 2013||English||672006144||FTP|