IBM® Rational® Software Modeler, Version 7.5.3 refresh pack contains new features, enhancements, and fixes to the version 7.5 release.
For details about the contents of this refresh pack, see the release information at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2089&uid=swg27015600.
Before you can install this refresh pack, you must install IBM Installation Manager, Version 1.3.1. By default, if you attempt to update or install packages by using an earlier version of Installation Manager, IBM Installation Manager, Version 1.3.1 is installed on your computer automatically.
- For information about the Installation Manager, Version 1.3.1 release or to download the compressed file for local installation, see the download document.
- For information about working with Installation Manager, visit the Installation Manager Information Center.
For information about hardware and software requirements for Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software, Version 7.5, see the detailed system requirements document at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2089&uid=swg21327398.
For information about additional prerequisites specific to this update, see the release information document at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2089&uid=swg27015600.
If you optionally choose to download the refresh pack compressed files, you require approximately 3.66 GB to store them and extract the contents.
Important: By default, you do not need to download the compressed files that contain the update; the update is downloaded and installed by IBM Installation Manager directly from the IBM update repository.
For instructions about installing this refresh pack by using Installation Manager, see the release information document at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2089&uid=swg27015600.
For information about deploying Rational Software Modeler in an enterprise environment, see Installation Manager Information Center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r2/index.jsp.
To download and install the refresh pack from the compressed files, complete the following steps:
- Download the refresh pack files listed in the download table below.
- Extract the compressed files in an appropriate directory. For example, choose to extract to C:\temp\update .
- Add the refresh pack's repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository window, browse to or enter the file path to the diskTag.inf file, which is located in the disk1 sub-directory in the directory where you extracted the compressed files and then click OK. For example, enter C:\temp\updates\disk1\diskTag.inf.
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
- Install the refresh pack as described in the section "Installation instructions" in the release information document athttp://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2089&uid=swg27015600.
You can download the refresh pack by using either Download Director or FTP from the table below. If you are unable to use either of these methods, you can download the refresh pack by using HTTP from the this Web address: http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rationalsdp/v75/rsm/753/zips/
For information about APARs fixed in this release, see http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=2089&uid=swg27013416.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is DD?
For FAQs, lists of known problems and fixes, and other support information, visit the product support page for Rational Software Modeler at
For product news, events, and other information, visit the product home page for Rational Software Modeler at http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/modeler/swmodeler/".
For contact information and guidelines or reference materials that you will need when you require support, read the IBM Software Support Handbook
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you will need to describe your problem. When describing a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
Problems (APARS) fixed