This list provides information regarding all known "Unsupported Products" as discussed in the WebSphere Portal Support Statement in the version 5.1 or 6.0 Information Center. This list is not intended to be exhaustive. In the absence of an explicit listing of a product and unless told otherwise by the Portal Support team, customers should assume that the status of the product is unknown and that the product may be incompatible with WebSphere Portal.
An "Unsupported Product" is a product (at a specified version, release and fix level) that is known to not work with WebSphere Portal and is therefore not supported. A product can be included in this category as a result of an explicit test effort by Portal Development or as a result of discovery from a prior customer problem. This list will be updated as needed to include the most current information available. Status of Unsupported Products is subject to change at any time depending upon development efforts.
At the time of this writing, the following products are not supported with WebSphere Portal version 5.1 or 6.0:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, V6.1 or higher
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager, V6.1 or higher
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, V6.1 or higher
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for z/OS, V6.1 or higher
- IBM 64-bit WebSphere Application Server, version 6.0.1 or 6.0.2* (except on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) version 9 on System z with WP version 22.214.171.124)
* Note: The above Application Servers are not supported for installation of the portal. However, the server can be used as a producer with web services for remote portlets (WSRP).
- Oracle Type 2 (or OCI) drivers
- IBM DB2 version 9.5; Supported beginning with WPv126.96.36.199
- IBM DB2 64-bit client/driver; 64-bit DB2 database supported only when using the 32-bit DB2 client/driver
- IBM Java SDK version 1.5
- 5.1 only: IBM DB2 Universal JDBC Driver (Type 2 is fully supported for WebSphere Portal on z/OS, Type 4 only supported for use in WCM when accessing a remote DB2 on z/OS database); Supported beginning with WPv6.0.1. See "Support statement for IBM DB2 JDBC drivers with WebSphere Portal" (#1257934) for more information.
- 5.1 only: IBM DB2 Legacy JDBC Type 4 Driver (Type 2 is fully supported, Type 4 only supported for use in WCM when accessing a remote DB2 on z/OS database); Supported beginning with WPv6.0.1. See "Support statement for IBM DB2 JDBC drivers with WebSphere Portal" (#1257934) for more information.
- 5.1 Only: SUSE Linux 10 (all editions)
- Be mindful of the supported platforms for WebSphere Process Server, for that may limit the choice of platforms possible when the portal is deployed with the Process Server. WebSphere Portal may support more or different platforms than any particular version of the Process Server. Proper planning must be considered before installing them together. WebSphere Portal was tested only on platforms supported by the specific Process Server fix maintenance level documented in each release of WebSphere Portal's Information Center, so any additional platforms supported by subsequent releases of the Process Server will be untested until the next full test cycle of WebSphere Portal in conjunction with a service release.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005; Supported beginning with WPv188.8.131.52. See "Support statement for using WPv184.108.40.206 with Microsoft SQL Server 2005" (#1295369) for more information.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server High Availability/Clustering solutions that do not provide XA transactions, or otherwise fail to provide same or similar operations as a standalone instance of the database server.
- Microsoft Windows XP is supported with installation but only as a development/test platform, it is not supported for a production deployment. It is not supported as development/test platform or production deployment for WebSphere Portal Express V6.0.0.x and V 6.0.1.x.
- Microsoft Windows Vista is a supported client platform starting version WP 6.0.1 (See the Information Center for the component limitations.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8 (Supported beginning with v220.127.116.11, see "Issues identified with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and WebSphere Portal 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124" (#7016045) for fixes needed on 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52)
- Mozilla Firefox version 4.0
- Mozilla Firefox version 3.5
- Apple Safari version 4.0
- IBM AIX v7.1
- IBM AIX v6.1 (Supported beginning with WPv184.108.40.206)
|Organizational Productivity- Portals & Collaboration||WebSphere Portal||Not Applicable||z/OS||6.0, 5.1||Enable|
|Organizational Productivity- Portals & Collaboration||WebSphere Portal End of Support Products||General||AIX, HP-UX, i5/OS, Linux, Solaris, Windows||5.1||Enable, Extend|