This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ v6 on System i and i5/OS.
|Java and JMS Client||
|Databases||Where IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as the transaction manager.
|Transaction Manager||Where one of these products is acting as the transaction manager and IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as a resource manager, it's recommended that you contact the transaction manager vendor in the first instance for support.
|Cryptography Cards||Refer to the Cryptography Card List for WebSphere MQ v6 and v7 document for further information.|
- On OS/400 V5.2.0, it is necessary to upgrade the installed JDK V1.4.1 to V1.4.2 by applying the Java Group PTF SF99169. AS/400 Developer Kit for Java with JDK 1.4.2 is required for SSL support using Java because it provides the necessary JSSE class files.
- If the AS/400 Developer Kit for Java with JDK V1.3.1 and JSSE class files can be obtained as included within an alternate IBM product, this is also a suitable environment under which SSL support using Java can be run, except for certificate checking against CRLs, which requires full JDK implementation at V1.4.
- Integrated Language Environment facilities are provided as part of IBM WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries.
- Where higher levels of WebSphere Application Server V6 are suggested, this only includes V6.x levels and does not include other product versions.
- On 64-bit platforms where WebSphere MQ provides both a 32-bit and a 64-bit product, there is NO migration path from V6 32-bit Queue Managers to V6 64-bit Queue Managers. Customers are strongly advised to install WebSphere MQ 64-bit products on 64-bit platforms as there is a migration path from V5 32-bit products to V6 64-bit products.
- The 'MQ Explorer' is not supported on this platform.
- WMQ 188.8.131.52 or later is required. Also, refer to technote Details for WebSphere MQ V6 on IBM i 6.1.
- WMQ 184.108.40.206 or later is required. Base support only. For WMQ Java/JMS support, it is recommended to either upgrade to WMQ V7.0.1 or higher OR install the V7.0.1 Java Client (client bindings only). Refer to SupportPac MA46 for more information on the V7.0.1 Java Client for iSeries.
- 26 October 2005: Modifications to the format and minor clarifications.
- 2 May 2006: Added support for IBM SDK V5.0 and i5/OS V5.4.
- 10 July 2008: In the Transaction Manager section added the IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 and V6.1 entries.
- 26 August 2008: Added support for IBM i 6.1.
- 3 November 2008: Amended note 7 to state WMQ 220.127.116.11 or later is required.
- 10 November 2008: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server, including the WebSphere Application Server client container, V7.0.
- 22 December 2008: Added the Cryptography Cards section.
- 3 May 2012: Updating expiry date
- 8 May 2012: Added support for IBM i 7.1. and section note 8.
Original publication date