IBM Installation Factory for WebSphere Application Server V6.1 for AIX
The Installation Factory creates turn-key install packages for installing IBM® WebSphere® Application Server in a reliable and repeatable way, tailored to your specific needs.
IBM Installation Factory for WebSphere Application Server is provided for the following:
- Application Server
- Feature Packs
- AIX System p5™ and pSeries™ POWER4™ - 64 bit
- 32-bit AIX 5L 5.2 systems
- AIX 5L 5.3 systems
Supported WebSphere Application Server Fix Packs: This version of Installation Factory can be used for WebSphere Application Server V6.1 Fix Pack 19 and below.
With the IBM Installation Factory for WebSphere Application Server, installing and configuring WebSphere Application Server requires just one step. The Installation Factory creates turn-key install packages for installing IBM WebSphere Application Server in a reliable and repeatable way, tailored to your specific needs. Simply install the customized installation package (CIP) created by the Installation Factory and the following steps can be performed automatically by the CIP you created:
- Installs the shipped version of the product
- Installs the current Fix Pack
- Installs an SDK, Java™ technology edition Fix Pack
- Installs one or more Interim Fixes as needed
- Creates and configures one or more profiles
- Deploys enterprise applications
The Installation Factory does this by combining the installation image for a version or release of a WebSphere software product with optional assets to create a CIP. In addition, the Installation Factory can combine multiple CIPs or WebSphere Application Server Installation images into a single Integrated Installation Package (IIP). Integrated Install Packages allow a user to install multiple install packages in a single install session instead of having to install them independently one at a time.
New Synchronization Enforcement
From Installation Factory 126.96.36.199 and forward, synchronization of WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack and WebSphere Application Server Feature Pack Fix Pack levels is enforced. If you are using Feature Packs and applying maintenance through a CIP, you will be prompted to point to the corresponding WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack, and vice versa. For example, if you are using WebSphere Application Server 188.8.131.52 with Web Services Feature Pack 184.108.40.206 and want to apply maintenance from a Web Services 220.127.116.11 CIP, you will also need to install WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack 18.104.22.168 as well.
WebSphere Installation Factory Plug-ins
IBM Installation Factory for WebSphere Application Server can be extended to create install packages for the following WebSphere products by adding the appropriate plug-ins. You can download these plug-ins for the following products here:
- WebSphere Extended Deployment Installation Factory Plug-in
- WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus Installation Factory Plug-in
- 15 Sep 2008: Published Installation Factory Version 22.214.171.124
- 3 June 2008: Update to Version 126.96.36.199 includes improved support for Integrated Installation Packages (IIP) in the following situation:
- Slip installing maintenance and additional contributions to existing installations
- Using installation image contributions from multiple products
- Synchronization of product version levels is required
- 7 May 2008: Additional plug-in links added.
- 3 Dec 2007: Update to Version 188.8.131.52 for Fix Pack 13, V184.108.40.206, including support for IBM WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1 Feature Pack for EJB™ 3.0.
- 18 Sep 2007: Update to Version 220.127.116.11 for Fix Pack 11, V18.104.22.168
- 29 Jun 2007: Update to Version 22.214.171.124 for Fix Pack 9, V126.96.36.199 including support for IBM WebSphere Application Server Version 6.1 Feature Pack for Web Services.
- 11 Jul 2006: Initial release, Version 6.1
Note IBM Installation Factory for WebSphere Application Server V6.0 releases can be downloaded here
The Installation Factory requires approximately 500 MB of system temporary space (such as /tmp directory on Linux® or UNIX®) for the processing engine to merge the installation image with maintenance packages.
Also, provide adequate disk space for the installation image, the maintenance packages, and the customized installation package. The disk space requirements vary, depending on the product and the number of maintenance packages included.
|Detailed system requirements||English||100000|
|Integrated Install Packages Samples Guide||English||5433856|
|Integrated Instal Packages Samples Guide PDF||English||1000|
Download the packed code for your operating system.
Unpack the file before getting started using the Installation Factory. Please note that the tar command which comes with some operating systems may have a path length limitation that can affect the unpacking of Installation Factory. If you encounter problems while unpacking an Installation Factory tar file, please try using the latest version of GNU tar.
|Readme for IBM Installation Factory||English||1000|
|Integrated Install Packages Samples Guide 1.1||English||5433856|
|Integrated Install Packages Samples Guide 1.1 PDF||English||5766857|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is DD?
|AIX 32-bit Power PC||09/15/2008||US English||222462552||FTP DD|
|AIX 64-bit Power PC||09/15/2008||US English||222845491||FTP DD|
Contact 1-800-IBM-SERV (U.S. only) or visit WebSphere Application Server Support site on the Web at:
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server - Express||Install and migration||AIX, HP-UX, i5/OS, Linux, Linux pSeries, Linux zSeries, Solaris, Windows||6.1|
|Application Servers||Runtimes for Java Technology||Java SDK|
More support for:
WebSphere Application Server
Software version: 6.1
Operating system(s): AIX
Software edition: Base, Express, Network Deployment
Reference #: 4012817
Modified date: 12 September 2008
Translate this page: