This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ for AIX V5.3.
For SSL please refer to note 4 below.
|Databases||Where IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as the transaction manager - see note under Transaction Monitor.
WebSphere MQ for AIX, V5.3 supports applications using POSIX draft 4 and draft 10 threads, but not draft 7.
|Transaction Managers||Where one of these transaction monitor products is acting as the transaction manager and IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as a resource manager, it's recommended that you contact the transaction monitor vendor in the first instance for support.
To enable users to run the WebSphere MQ supplied DCE send, receive or message exits, this must be the US domestic version supporting DES encryption.
- The following restrictions apply when using IBM AIX Developer Kit, Java 2 Technology Edition, Version 1.3.1, 64-bit version for POWER:
- AIX v5.2 64-bit OS patch level ML-01 must be applied.
- IBM AIX Developer Kit Service Release 6 must be applied.
- WebSphere MQ maintenance must be at least CSD05.
- Only client applications are supported. Server bindings mode is not supported.
- There is no support for SSL-encrypted MQI channels from the Java client to the WebSphere MQ server.
- TXSeries v5.1 with WebSphere MQ Extended Transaction Client (XAClient):
- WebSphere MQ V5.3 client + CSD03 + WebSphere MQ V5.3 XAClient +FP09
- If user exit 15 provided with WebSphere MQ V5.3 is to be used with the XAClient, APAR IY72218 needs to be applied.
- Where a patches for a product are specified, this means that these patches were required to resolve problems found during testing and should therefore be considered as the minimum necessary maintenance level. Further maintenance should be applied in accordance with the guidance of the relevant software manufacturer.
- For SSL function on AIX 5.1, 5.2 & 5.3 please use C Set ++ v 18.104.22.168 (Runtime).
Last updated: 18 May 2006
- 4 August 2005: Added support for Micro Focus Server Express V4.0
- 5 September 2005: Added support for Oracle 10g
- 7 November 2005: Added support for IBM COBOL Set for V2.0
- 2 December 2005: Modifications to the format.
- 13 December 2005: Clarified Tuxedo support.
- 18 January 2006: References to WebSphere MQ 5.3 FP8 & FP9 have been changed to FP10.
- 18 May 2006: Added note 4.
- 22 November 2007: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1.
- 24 September 2012: Updated expiry date.
- 23 September 2014: Updated expiry date.
Original publication date