This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ V6 on AIX and WebSphere MQ Extended Security Edition.
|Java™ and JMS Client||
|Databases||Where IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as the transaction manager.
|Transaction Manager||Where one of these products is acting as the transaction manager and IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as a resource manager, it's recommended that you contact the transaction manager vendor in the first instance for support.
|SOAP Support||SDK for AIX, Java 2 Technology Edition V1.4.2 (supplied with WebSphere MQ)
|Cryptography Cards||Refer to the Cryptography Card List for WebSphere MQ v6 and v7 document for further information.|
- For Oracle 9i, Release 2 with Patch Set 4 (V126.96.36.199) patch 3501955 is required.
- Only IBM DB2 and Oracle are supported for Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) and Extended Architecture (XA) usage.
- Where higher levels of WebSphere Application Server V6 are suggested, this only includes V6.x levels and does not include other product versions.
- AIX platform with 64-bit hardware, 32-bit and 64-bit WebSphere MQ APIs are supported and the operating system can have either a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel.
- On 64-bit platforms where WebSphere MQ provides both a 32-bit and a 64-bit product, there is NO migration path from V6 32-bit Queue Managers to V6 64-bit Queue Managers. Customers are strongly advised to install WebSphere MQ 64-bit products on 64-bit platforms as there is a migration path from V5 32-bit products to V6 64-bit products.
- The 'MQ Explorer' is not supported on this platform.
- AIX V5.2 is not supported by WebSphere MQ Extended Security Edition v6.0.
- Only for 32-bit support.
- WebSphere MQ V188.8.131.52 is the minimum supported level for Java V5.0 support.
- Only 64-bit DB2 instances can be used with 64-bit WebSphere MQ.
- WebSphere MQ V184.108.40.206 or later is required.
- For details of the Support Statement for JCA (on WebSphere MQ V220.127.116.11 or later only) please see here.
- WebSphere MQ V18.104.22.168 or later is required; also see Technote 1271607.
- This requires (i) WebSphere MQ V22.214.171.124 or later and (ii) either AIX 5.3 TL6 SP4 plus APAR IZ10231 or AIX 6.1.
Please note: APAR IZ10231 is available in AIX 5.3-TechnologyLevel6-ServicePack5 (AIX 5.3 TL6-SP5, TL7, 610).
- The resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 is not supported with WMQ v6. For more details, please refer to
XA Resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 doesn't work with WMQ as RM.
- WebSphere MQ V126.96.36.199 or later is required.
- Defect support is available for virtualization environments where they relate to releases of this platform already supported by
WebSphere MQ. Unless stated elsewhere in the system requirements, WebSphere MQ has not been specifically tested in
virtualization environments. WebSphere MQ Support is therefore unable to assist in issues related to configuration and
setup, or issues that are directly related to the virtualization environment itself.
- The minimum level of IBM XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition for AIX v9.0 is 188.8.131.52.
- Ensure that the latest BEA WebLogic SupportPac (SP) is installed; specifically, the following BEA WebLogic patches must be applied; CR249009, CR211194, CR243824, CR249009. Please contact BEA technical support if you need to acquire the patches.
- The use of the WebSphere MQ classes for JMS in EJBs and MDBs is fully supported. The WebSphere MQ base classes for Java are supported with restrictions - for more details see, Using WebSphere MQ Java Interfaces in J2EE/JEE Environments
- WebSphere MQ V184.108.40.206 or later is required.
- WebSphere MQ V220.127.116.11 or later is required.
- WebSphere MQ V18.104.22.168 or later is required.
- 26 October 2005: Modifications to the format and minor clarifications.
- 13 March 2006: Clarified hardware support.
- 5 April 2006: Added note 7.
- 2 June 2006: Added support for Oracle 10GR2.
- 20 October 2006: Added support for XL C Enterprise Edition for AIX v8.0 and IBM XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition for AIX v8.0.
- 17 November 2006: Added Tuxedo V9.0 support and note 8.
- 7 December 2006: Added 32-bit and 64-bit Java V5.0 support.
- 8 December 2006: Added note 9.
- 25 January 2007: Added note 10 "Only 64-bit DB2 instances can be used with 64-bit WebSphere MQ".
- 7 February 2007: Added support for IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 (JDBC/XA not supported)
- 30 March 2007: Added note 12.
- 19 June 2007: Made change to databases IBM DB2 and Connectivity TCP/IP.
- 18 September 2007: Added support for IBM Communications Server for AIX V6.3 (SNA).
- 18 December 2007: Added Micro Focus Service Express V5.0 (COBOL)
- 15 January 2008: Added support for TXSeries V6.1.
- 22 February 2008: Added support for AIX 6.1.
- 10 March 2008: Added virtualization note.
- 3 April 2008: Added support for TXSeries V6.2.
- 21 April 2008: Added support for IBM XL C Enterprise Edition for AIX v9.0.
- 30 April 2008: Clarified SSL support is not available with JDK 1.3.1.
- 5 June 2008: Added support for BEA WebLogic Server 9.2.
- 7 July 2008: In the Transaction Manager section added the IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 and V6.1 entries.
- 10 October 2008: Added Note 20.
- 6 November 2008: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server, including the WebSphere Application Server client container, V7.0.
- 21 November 2008: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server V7.0.
- 19 December 2008: Added the Cryptography Cards section.
- 6 March 2009: Added support for IBM DB2 V9.5.
- 7 April 2009: Added support for IBM 32/64-bit SDK for AIX Java 2 Technology Edition V6.0.
- 23 June 2009: Added support for IBM XL C/C++ Enterprise Edition for AIX v10.1.
- 22 October 2009: Added support for Micro Focus Server Express V5.1 (COBOL).
- 20 July 2010: Clarified POWER7 support.
Original publication date
WMQ MQ ESE