This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ v6 for z/OS.
The following products or equivalents are supported at the specified minimum levels:
|For shared queues:||
|For Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)||
|For CICS applications||
|For IMS applications||
|For DB2 applications||
|For PL/I applications||
|For COBOL applications||
|For Java™ users||
|Cryptography Cards||Refer to the Cryptography Card List for WebSphere MQ v6 and v7 document for further information.|
- For software requirements, the Program Directory shipped with the product contains the latest level of information, particularly concerning APAR or PTF levels of supported products.
- If you choose to use Unicenter TCPaccess Communications Server from Computer Associates, Inc. in place of IBM TCP/IP, then you require V5.2 for OESockets.
- z/OS includes appropriate levels of Language Environment, TCP/IP, VTAM, SMP/E, TSO/E, JES, C/C++, DFSMS / DFP, Security Server, High Level Assembler, ISPF, and ICSS.
- Defect support is available for virtualization environments where they relate to releases of this platform already supported by WebSphere MQ. Unless stated elsewhere in the system requirements, WebSphere MQ has not been specifically tested in virtualization environments. WebSphere MQ Support is therefore unable to assist in issues related to configuration and setup, or issues that are directly related to the virtualization environment itself.
- 26 October 2005: Modifications to the format & minor clarifications.
- 7 July 2006: Added "The following products or equivalents are supported at the specified minimum levels:"
- 26 June 2008: Added virtualization note.
- 7 July 2008: Added Application Servers section.
- 10 November 2008: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server, including the WebSphere Application Server client container, V7.0.
- 22 December 2008: Added the Cryptography Cards section.
- 22 June 2012: Changing expiry date to keep current.
- 23 June 2014: Changing expiry date to keep current.
Original publication date