WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances
WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances provides fast time to value, with firmware deployment, domain and service configuration, and deployment policy management capabilities.
Centrally manage appliance firmware and configurations across groups of WebSphere DataPower appliances, and monitor key metrics and events from groups of WebSphere DataPower appliances:
• Web-based user interface
• Support for multiple generations of WebSphere DataPower appliances
• Firmware management
• Domain and configuration management, including support for deployment policies across multiple environments
• Appliance monitoring
• Operating systems: Windows, Linux, and AIX
WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances provides the capability to centrally manage and monitor groups of WebSphere DataPower appliances.
This offering is intended for deployments with two, or more, WebSphere DataPower appliances, which can span multiple deployment environments (for example, development, test, and production).
WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances serves as the control point for lifecycle management of firmware and configurations across one, or more, groups of appliances.
Also included is IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager Agent for WebSphere DataPower Appliance, which you can use to monitor key metrics from multiple appliances in a central location.
New in this Release
08 January 2014:
• Minor fixes added in refresh.
27 June 2013:
• Support for IBM WebSphere DataPower Version 6 firmware
21 March 2013:
• The ability to define new user roles with custom permissions.
• A new default user role, Management Center Administrator, with permission to modify user roles and their association with users and user groups.
• The concept of a Primary Management Center Administrator to enable recovery from incorrectly configured permissions.
30 November 2012:
Support for IBM WebSphere DataPower Virtual Edition appliances:
• IBM WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 Virtual Edition.
• IBM WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Edition.
25 September 2012:
• Grouping of appliances and domains, and filtering views based on those groups.
• Rebooting of one or more appliances.
• Uploading a file to one or more domains.
• Restarting one or more domains.
• Quiescing and unquiescing one or more services.
Functions reintroduced from WebSphere Appliance Management Center V4:
• Secure backup and restore both to and from an FTP server.
• Use of a remote certificate that is accessed through a URL for secure backup.
• Ability to set the quiesce timeout at domain level.
• Ability to select an appliance as the source of a deployment policy or domain configuration.
• Automatic synchronization of a domain with its configuration source and deployment policy.
Latest Update: 08Jan14
»Note the Software version number shown in the side-bar is the most recent version of the WebSphere DataPower firmware product to which this offering applies. The modified date is the date of the last web page refresh.
Platform for one of the supported operating systems.
Disk space - ensure the computer on which you want to install WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances meets the following disk space requirements:
- 300 MB free disk space on installation drive.
- 400 MB temporary free disk space for installation files.
- Additional space for logs and for files transferred to and from appliances, such as firmware images. The amount of space varies depending on how the product is used.
Memory - Minimum: 2 GB
Supported operating systems - one of the following is required:
• AIX 6.1/7.1 (64-bit)
• RHEL 5/6 (System z/x86-64)
• SLES 10/11 (System z/x86-64)
• Windows Server 2008 (x86-64)
• Windows Server 2008 R2 (x86-64)
Firmware: V3.8.2, or later
• WebSphere DataPower XML Accelerator XA35 (9235 model only)
• WebSphere DataPower XML Security Gateway XS40 (9235 model only)
• WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI50 (9235 model only)
• WebSphere DataPower Integration Blade XI50B
• WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI50 for zEnterprise™
• WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB60
• WebSphere DataPower Low Latency Appliance XM70
• WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45
• WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52
• WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB62
Firmware: V1.0, or later
• WebSphere DataPower Edge Appliance XE82
Firmware: V2.0.0, or later
• WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance
To install WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances, see the WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances Information Center.
|Information Center||US English||111|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|WebSphere Appliance Management Center downloads||27 Jun 2013||US English||111||HTTPS|
WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances is supplied under the standard terms and conditions provided by the International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and thus carries program defect service.
Please Read the license files that accompany the offering to ensure that you understand the conditions under which it is provided. No Proof of Entitlement is required for this offering.
If you encounter what you believe to be a defect with the offering, you can request Program Services by reporting the problem through the same defect reporting channel that you employ for the WebSphere appliance with which you are using the offering.
This offering has service support for as long as the WebSphere appliances that it supports remain in service. For the relevant service information, see the WebSphere product lifecycle pages. This offering is supported only with WebSphere appliances that are themselves supported.
NOTE ON LICENSING:
Please Note the "Supporting Program" restriction clause in the license. It means that the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager (ITCAM) Agent for WebSphere DataPower Appliance is supplied only for standalone use with WebSphere Appliance Management Center for WebSphere Appliances. The Licensee is prohibited from using ITCAM Agent for WebSphere DataPower Appliance in connection with any other software, this prohibition includes connecting it to an enterprise monitoring infrastructure. Please Contact an IBM Sales Representative if you want to license ITCAM Agent for WebSphere DataPower Appliance for connecting to your enterprise monitoring infrastructure.