WebSphere MQ Explorer changes to the Authorization and Tests Plug-ins to enhance security features.
The following WebSphere MQ Explorer plug-ins are included in this SupportPac.
• Authorization Service Infopop Plug-in
• Authorization Service Plug-in
• Authorization Service Tests Plug-in
• Tests Plug-in – Core Test Set
• Explorer documentation Plug-in
Withdrawn notice: Now in WebSphere MQ product.
Note: The Authorization plug-ins cannot be used to configure or test a queue manager running on z/OS, and that this is not changed by this SupportPac.
The Authorization Service Plug-in changes involve:
• Outputting the setmqaut commands which correspond to the new and changed authorities requested on the existing authorization panels. (UNIX and Windows queue managers only). These can be copied and pasted elsewhere.
• A new panel to add role-based authorities for all queue manager objects.
The Tests Plug-in changes involve additional tests, and enhancements to existing tests, which help the customer to determine whether their authorization and channel security is configured as it should be.
• Using the Explorer to generate valid command-line authorization (setmqaut) strings, which can be used in UNIX or Windows scripts and on the command line. They also have educational value.
• Faster and more convenient set-up of role-based user and group authentication.
• More information about possible issues with the security configuration of a queue manager, both involving authorization and channel configuration.
New in this Release
• Works with WebSphere MQ 220.127.116.11.
Author: Mike Horan, WebSphere MQ Development, Hursley
Last updated: 24May10
Current SupportPac Version: 1.0.1
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere MB product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
WebSphere MQ 18.104.22.168 or WebSphere MQ 22.214.171.124
Download the zip file and unzip it to a new directory. Edit the mo05 link file to point to this directory, and move it into the “links” directory under your Eclipse installation.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
Category 2 SupportPacs are provided in good faith and AS-IS. There is no warranty or further service implied or committed and any supplied sample code is not supported via IBM product service channels.
You may submit a question using the 'rate this page' below but a response is not guaranteed.
Please read the license information contained within the zip file of this SupportPac to determine if you want to use it.