MA95: A REXX interface to WebSphere MQ
This SupportPac provides a Rexx Interface to WebSphere MQ. It permits the usage of MQ function and MQSC commands within a Rexx Exec on both Windows and z/OS.
This SupportPac enables you to use MQ API functions, and issue MQ script commands (MQSC), from Rexx Execs.
The SupportPac provides for the WebSphere MQ version 6 level of API but can be used with any supported level of queue manager.
This interface is different to that described in the Application Programming Reference book, as the API is customised for the Rexx environment. However, with a few exceptions, all the function described in the APR is available. Some extensions to the API are also provided to make it easier to use the interface.
The SupportPac is based on the MA18/MA19/MA77/MA78 SupportPacs written by Robert Harris and combines the functions into a single package.
The SupportPac allows most Rexx execs coded for the older SupportPacs MA18/MA19/MA77/MA78 to run unchanged.
Note: While we have attempted to provide compatibility there may be some cases where minor changes are needed.
Source code is provided to help you to extend the function of the SupportPac, and to port it to other environments.
This SupportPac is designed for people who:
• Want to explore Message Queuing within the Rexx environment
• Want to place Message Queuing function within native Rexx execs
• Want to issue MQ script commands (MQSC) from Rexx execs
• Want to place Message Queuing function within the Rexx/ISPF environment on z/OS
• Need to prototype MQ Applications
• Want to develop portable applications
• Are interested in the design of Message Queuing Applications
• Want to continue to use Rexx execs that were originally written for the MA18/MA19/MA77/MA78 SupportPacs
• Want to modify the SupportPac to extend the function or to use it in other environments.
Skill Level Required
You should have a general awareness of Message Queuing function, and be familiar with Rexx coding to get the best out of this SupportPac.
New in this Release
• In TSO environment load library can now be specified via TSOLIB removing dependence on STEPLIB concatenation.
• GMO, PMO & other structures and constants updated to support WMQ V7
• Other minor problem fixes:
- CMDSCOPE(*) command parameter doesn't provide responses from all QSG MQ servers.
- When compiled REXX is used, it conflicts with LE.
- Context handle in RXMQPUT is not processed correctly.
- RXMQPUT1 loosing connection handle.
- RXMQC doesn't always delete temporary reply-to queue.
- RXMQC shouldn't try to connect to QMGR when already connected.
- RXMQC negative response is not captured.
- Defined additional constants (MQMI_NONE and others).
Contacts: Igor Nikitin, IBM Russian Systems and Technology Laboratory,
Mark Piggott, WebSphere MQ for z/OS Development, IBM Hursley
Last updated: 22Sep15
Current SupportPac Version: 1.0.2
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere Message Broker product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last web page refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
WebSphere MQ V6 or above,
A Rexx translator that supports the installation of function packs
C++ compiler (only if source modifications are needed)
To install the SupportPac:
1. Download ma95.zip to a temporary directory.
2. Uncompress using a tool that re-creates stored directories. For example, InfoZip's Unzip does this.
4. Follow the instructions provided in the ma95.pdf file.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
Category 2 SupportPacs are provided in good faith and AS-IS. There is no warranty or further service implied or committed and any supplied sample code is not supported via IBM product service channels.
You may submit a question and return email address using the 'rate this page' below, but a response is not guaranteed.
Please read the license information contained within the zip file of this SupportPac to determine if you want to use it.