This SupportPac provides a simple command line application for loading and unloading messages off queues.
The WebSphere MQ Queue Load / Unload Utility allows the user to copy or move the contents of a queue, its messages, to a file. This file can be saved away as required and used at some later point to reload the messages back onto the queue. This file has a specific format understood by the utility, but is human-readable, so that it can be updated in an editor before being reloaded.
• To save the messages that are on a queue, to a file, perhaps for archiving purposes and the possibility of later reload back onto a queue.
• To reload a queue with messages you previously saved to a file.
• To remove messages from a queue which are old.
• To ‘replay’ test messages from a stored location – even maintaining time spacing if required.
Skill Level Required
A working knowledge of WebSphere MQ is required.
New in this Release
• Text form of unloaded file using flag –dt the output file format is in text lines.
• Character form of unloaded file using flag –dp the output file format is in a format which favours printable characters.
• New queue summary option Flag –ds will display a brief summary of messages.
• Strip headers option Flag –h will strip MQ headers (DLH and MQXQH) from the front of any message.
• Message selection by Correlation or Message Id New –g flag.
• New output suppression options for suppressing Message Descriptor and File header.
Author: WebSphere Messaging Clients, Hursley
Last updated: 12Jul12
Current SupportPac Version: 1.9.0
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the MQ or WBI product
that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
Any version of WebSphere MQ - running on the supported Operating System platforms, either client or server (listed in the right-hand column above).
1. Download mo03.zip to a temporary directory.
2. Uncompress using InfoZip’s Unzip. If you use other unzip programs, ensure you specify the option to re-create stored directories. This will create the necessary files and directories.
3. Follow the instructions provided in the PDF document.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|mo03.zip||12 Jul 2012||US English||3231334||HTTP|
Category 2 SupportPacs are provided in good faith and AS-IS. There is no warranty or further service implied or committed and any supplied sample code is not supported via IBM product service channels.
You may submit a question or offer feedback on the SupportPac but please be aware that a response is NOT guaranteed.
Please read the license file that accompanies the SupportPac to determine if you want to use it.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.