IA13: WebSphere Message Broker for z/OS - VSAM nodes
This SupportPac provides five new nodes that you can use within a message flow to process records in a VSAM data set.
This SupportPac includes five nodes: VSAMInput; VSAMRead; VSAMWrite; VSAMUpdate; and VSAMDelete. These nodes provide functions to process VSAM records within a Message Broker flow.
• Use the VSAMInput node to read records from a VSAM data set and propagate them to subsequent nodes in your message flow.
• Use the VSAMRead node to read a record from a VSAM data set and propagate the record to subsequent nodes in your message flow.
• Use the VSAMWrite node to write a record to a VSAM data set using data that is provided in an input request message.
• Use the VSAMUpdate node to update a record in a VSAM data set using data that is provided in an input request message.
• Use the VSAMDelete node to delete a record from a VSAM data set.
Skill Level Required
Knowledge of VSAM data sets and record-based access methods.
New in this Release
• Added support for WebSphere Message Broker for z/OS V7.0.
Author: John Hosie, WebSphere MQ, Hursley
Last Updated: 22Sep15
Current SupportPac Version: 3.0
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere MB product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last web page refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
IBM z/OS V1R7
WebSphere Message Broker for z/OS V6.1
IBM z/OS V1R8 or later
WebSphere Message Broker for z/OS V7.0
• Copy the ia13_v7.zip (or ia13_v6.1.zip if you are using WebSphere Message Brokers for z/OS V6.1) file into a temporary directory of the Workbench system and unzip the files in ia13_v7.zip to a (new) directory of your choice (which can also be temporary), for example: 'ia13'.
• Copy the ia13_v7.tar (or ia13_v6.1.tar if you are using WebSphere Message Brokers for z/OS V6.1) to a HFS file on your OMVS system (running on z/OS). [Please ensure that you make an exact binary copy of this file; if using ftp for example, you should transfer the file in BINARY mode. In particular no ASCII/EBCDIC translation should occur. If you fail to do this, the unpack step below will fail.]
• On the (z/OS) broker system, in the OMVS environment, unpack the files in ia13_v7.tar to a directory of your choice (for example: /u/yourid/ia13)
• The command: tar -xof /u/yourid/ia13_v7.tar will unpack the files to the current directory.
• [The option 'o' will ignore any user or group information there might be stored with the files in ia13_v7.tar. If you omit this option you may receive informational messages from tar about not being able to set these properties of the unpacked files. These messages may be ignored.]
• Ensure that the permissions are adequate for the broker process to read and execute the file, so for example you can issue the command: chmod -R 755 * to allow group and global read and execution access to all files in the current directory and all subdirectories. [The z/OS broker needs executable read access to all directories in the full path of the lil directory as well as the files in that directory.]
• Installation is in two parts: one on the workbench platform and one on the z/OS broker platform. Installation instructions can be found in the readme.txt file (readme.zos contains a subset of this information relevant to the z/OS platform). These files are included in ia13_v7.zip, ia13_v6.1.zip, ia13_v7.tar and ia13_v6.1.tar packages.
• The file readme.txt includes a "Technical Information" section that should be read before using this SupportPac.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
Category 3 WebSphere MQ (MQSeries) SupportPacs are supplied under the standard terms and conditions provided by the International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and thus, carry program defect service.
If you encounter what you believe to be a defect with the SupportPac you may request Program Services, by reporting the problem via the same defect reporting channel you use for the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere Business Integration product/s with which you are using the SupportPac. These products must themselves have service support.
Please read the license file that accompanies it, to determine if you want to use it. No proof of Entitlement or License Information is required to use this SupportPac.
Service is available for this SupportPac for as long as the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere Business Integration product(s) specified as prerequisites have service support. Refer to the WebSphere product lifecycle pages for the relevant service information.