Unlocking XMETA locks from jobs
How can I unlock an XMETA locked job?
The job cannot be exported and when attempting to open the job, the following error appears:
Unable to open the Job
The Job 'TestJob' is locked by user 'dsadm'
Do you want to continue and open a read-only view of the Job?
This issue arises when a lock still remains in XMETA for the corresponding job. Information Server will lock the job to ensure that there is no indeterminancy regarding the editing and saving of a job.
The most common causes of this is when a user has closed a client window unexpectedly (e.g. Force Terminate).
To remove the lock on the job, the following steps need to be taken:
- Check that another user has not left the job open accidentally. The same error appears if another user has opened the same job in a Designer or Director client.
- Explore the following in Information Server web client (http://<server>:9080):
1. Open Administration tab -> Session Management -> Active Sessions.
2. Select the session with the same 'Session ID' as the message.
3. Disconnect selected session.
- pre 11.3 remove using cleanup_abandoned_locks.sh. This occurs if the session is no longer displayed but lock is remaining in the XMETALOCKINFO table in XMETA repository. To perform this:
1. Login to domain layer using either root or Administrator user (for Windows)
2. cd /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin (C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBServer\bin for Windows)
3. ./cleanup_abandoned_locks.sh -U <user> -P <password> (cleanup_abandoned_locks.bat -U <user> -P <password> for Windows) where user is suite administartor
- From 11.3 onwards use xmetaAdmin.sh cleanupAbandonedLocks -dbfile ../conf/database.properties in ASBServer/bin directory when logged in as root or Windows Administator
More support for:
InfoSphere Information Server
Software version: 8.5, 8.7, 9.1, 11.3, 11.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1469438
Modified date: 26 February 2016