The CICS IA Explorer (Client Replacement) is a PC front end to CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS (CICS IA) V2.1 that allows analysis of the data produced by the host collector
The CICS IA Explorer (Client Replacement) is an alternative to the existing CICS IA V2.1 client. It is stand-alone and comes bundled with all of its prerequisite code. No separate download and install of Eclipse or Java is required.
Advantages of the CICS IA Explorer as compared to the existing CICS IA client include:
- All views and editors not directly applicable to CICS Interdependency Analyzer have been removed and it is now a single perspective.
- The query editor is no longer a wizard of questions and is now a single simplified dialog.
- All queries are managed directly from the Explorer, as well as saved query results, that are shown in a query view.
- Views are provided that list all regions, all programs and all transactions, allowing fast navigation between each and context menu navigation.
- A toolbar allows quick searching for resources by name, type, or region.
- The Explorer remains responsive to user input while searches for resources or queries are being executed.
- Results of queries are kept in a history that allows them to be navigated between, and a comparison dialog allows deltas between results to be created.
- For any resource you can see the programs and transactions that use it, and recurse upwards through the call graph to gather impact analysis details. This can be done for a specific region or across all regions.
For a program or transaction you can see all resources it uses, and recurse down through the call graph to build up a collective picture of everything that is required for the overall task to function. This call graph also allows you to see the CICS calls and get a picture of where individual resources are used by the task. The usage picture can be collected across all regions or for a specific region.
For quick and easy impact analysis to discover:
- Where resources are used
- By which programs and transactions resources are used
- In which regions resources are used
- Which resources a given program uses
Use this information to:
- Compare resource usage across regions
- Understand how resource usage varies over time
- See which resources are no longer being used
Operations can currently only be performed on a single CICS resource table.
SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED
The CICS IA Explorer (Client Replacement) has a getting started guide and context sensitive help included in the SupportPac. The user skill level is for someone who is already familiar with other PC products such as are found in office productivity suites.
Authors: Kathleen Sharp, Joe Winchester: CICS Development, Hursley
Current Version: 1.0
- CICS Interdependency Analyzer for z/OS V2.1*
- An IBM-compatible PC running Windows XP running (Service Pack 2), or higher**
**Connection to a z/OS host is required, on which CICS Interdependency Analyzer has collected data.
To download the SupportPac:
- Click on the FTP link below and save the executable file to your local machine.
- Run the executable file. This will create the necessary installation, documentation, and license files.
- Follow the instructions in the included documentation to complete installation of this SupportPac on your host system.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
SupportPacs in this category are available at no charge to all licensed users of the CICS family products on the platforms specified in the SupportPac description. These SupportPacs are provided "AS-IS" (under the terms and conditions of the IBM International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs and of the associated License Information and other documentation). The terms and conditions of this license DO NOT provide for any entitlement to defect correction.
To determine if you want to use this SupportPac, read the accompanying license file.
Other CICS SupportPacs
To view the complete portfolio of CICS SupportPacs, go to the CICS SupportPacs Home Page