Announcement letter for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS 4.1
CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) V4.1 general availability (GA) date was 26 June 2009. CICS TS V4.1 delivers support for event processing, Atom feeds, the CICS Explorer, and more. This document contains a list of the key enhancements, a link to the announcement letter, and additional ways that you can become familiar with the capabilities of CICS TS 4.1.
CICS TS V4.1 delivers important new function to help organizations respond to the demands of increased regulatory scrutiny, address changing demographics, and position themselves to take advantage of new growth opportunities. New function includes:
- Non-invasive detection and emission of business events from CICS applications provides insight into business behavior.
- Atom feeds and RESTful interfaces enable existing CICS programs and resources to participate in mashups, Web 2.0 and other situational applications.
- The CICS Explorer simplifies the development and management of traditional and modern applications and provides an integration point for IBM and third-party tools.
CICS TS V4.1 introduces a wide range of other technical and operational capabilities, including many requirements raised by individual customers and user communities. For more details about CICS TS V4.1 see the following:
- US Announcement letter for CICS TS 4.1 (209-135). Information for other country announcement letters is located here.
- US Announcement letter with Additional information for CICS TS 4.1 (209-378).
- CICS TS V4.1 information center
If you are using CICS TS V3, you can also use currently available SupportPacs:
- CB11 -- CICS Events for WebSphere Business Events.
- CA8K -- Delivering Atom feeds from CICS, which provides sample code to demonstrate how to generate Atom feeds to publish data contained within CICS resources or obtained by running a CICS application.
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server
Translate this page: