What information can be collected to aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs) for IBM Rational Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) products?
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM Support quickly determine if:
1. Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
2. There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
3. There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
4. Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.
This document is intended to provide a detailed description of the documentation required by the Host Access Transformation Services (HATS) support team to diagnose your problem. It contains the following sections:
Gathering general information
You must open a PMR or ETR, and every problem record (PMR or ETR), regardless of problem type must include the following:
- A complete description of the problem
- The HATS version, release, and maintenance level
- The Operating System version, release, and maintenance level
- Related products version, and release levels
- A valid contact phone number and email address
Gathering component specific information
Click on one of the documents in the following table that best describes your HATS problem. This will provide you with a listing of the documentation that the HATS support team requires to diagnose your problem. It will also include diagnostic hints and tips that will aid in diagnosing and solving problems.
Submitting information to IBM Support
Submitting documentation to the HATS support team
- You can use the Service Request (SR) application to attach files to your PMRs. Visit the SR home page to learn more about Service Request (SR)
- You must open a problem record (PMR- SR or ETR) prior to sending doc to the HATS support teams.
- HATS Support no longer uses testcase.software.ibm.com to receive files. See the Submitting Diagnostic Information to IBM Technical Support for Problem Determination document for specific information.
General hints and tips
Search for known problems from the Rational Host Access Transformation Services support site.
Stay current on HATS fixes. Download the latest Rational HATS fixes.
For additional HATS information, visit the HATS HotSpot.
|Software Development||Rational Host Access Transformation Services|