Fix download enhancements for IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances beginning with firmware version 188.8.131.52 fix packs improved the user experience and enhanced ease-of-use. Firmware packages are now sorted into groups pertaining to the platform and hardware model.
Resolving the problem
Beginning in May 2009, a number of changes in the on-line interface provided for finding and downloading fixes for WebSphere DataPower Appliances were made. Firmware fix packs, starting with 184.108.40.206, became available on the Fix Central download site.
Follow these steps to access WebSphere DataPower firmware fix packs on Fix Central:
- Go to the Fix Central web site.
- From the Product Group drop-down list, select WebSphere.
- From the Product drop-down list, select WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances.
- From the Installed Version drop-down list, select All.
- From the Platform drop-down list, select All and press Continue.
- From the Identify Fixes page, you can browse all the fixes, or enter a search term such as XI, XS, XA, or your model number such as 9235. Press Continue.
- From the Select fixes and download method page, choose the fix pack you wish to download.
You can then select the fix pack category of interest and view and download the firmware package and related components of your choice.
The benefits of using Fix Central include:
- Less error prone sorting of firmware packages by platform and hardware platform. Firmware fix packs can be searched by platform and or model. Soon you will also be able to search via APAR or SPR.
- Faster downloading. You have the option of downloading one or more fixes at the same time using Download Director.
Note: Use this knowledge collection for reference when preparing to upgrade your WebSphere DataPower appliance firmware.