You need to change the language used in the user interface of IBM Lotus Symphony.
Symphony will detect locale of your computer's operating system during the Symphony installation and set up.
Resolving the problem
Click File -> Preferences -> IBM Lotus Symphony -> Regional Settings
NOTE: The language of user interface in Regional Settings applies to text used in Symphony menus and dialog boxes only. For date format, time format and currency, you may use different locale.
Restart Lotus Symphony for changes to take effect in the product's user interface.
|Lotus Symphony 1.0 and 1.1|
For versions prior to Lotus Symphony 1.2, there is no such switch preferences setting. To change the language used in Symphony on these versions:
- Edit the application shortcut used to launch Symphony using a text editor
- Add the parameter -nl followed by the desired language.
Example: In order to start Symphony using the US English locale, the shortcut on Windows could resemble the following:
C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Symphony\symphony.exe" -nl EN_US
- English locale: This function will not work if Symphony is installed on computers with locale in English .
- Font support: The operation system should support the font for the new UI language after changing, otherwise characters might be rendered and displaying incorrectly.
- Language Package: Language package will not automatically install. Hence, if the user does not install the NLV package manually, the documentation in the product help files and tips will continue to appear in English.
Once language package is installed, long tips, help content and template will also change after switched to new language.
To download and install additional languages, read: Downloading and installing language dictionaries in Lotus Symphony
|For your IBM Lotus Symphony needs, visit the Symphony support forums. Join the discussions, look for answers to issues, or post a question of your own. Our support forums provide a place to share your experience and to help others like yourself.|
|Messaging Applications||IBM Notes||Symphony document editor||Linux, Windows||8.5|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.