IBM Library Reader for Windows
Library Reader is a Microsoft Windows-based free tool for reading IBM BookManager® format softcopy documents built either by you, by IBM, or by another vendor.
IBM Library Reader™ for Windows is available for customers to read IBM BookManager books on their Windows workstations. This is a free tool which runs on a variety of Windows platforms and allows you to read any IBM BookManager® book built using an IBM BookManager Build product -- either by you, by IBM, or by another vendor.
Formal support is no longer available for the IBM Library Reader for Windows. The IBM Library Reader has been replaced with the newer Java®-based IBM Softcopy Reader which can be downloaded for free and is supported by the BookManager product support team. The IBM Softcopy Reader is also included on the IBM Softcopy Collection Kit CD-ROMs. However, for our customers whose system does not support Java, or if a BookManager standalone reader on Windows is required for other than English users, you may still download and use the IBM Library Reader Windows version on an "as-is" basis.
Note that some of the product popup windows and product information panels for IBM Library Reader V2.0.2 mistakenly reflect Version 2.0.1. Regardless, this download is guaranteed to be at the latest function and service level (S9903) available for IBM Library Reader for Windows.
One of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft® Windows® 95, 98, 2000
- Windows NT®
- Windows 3.1
Before you begin your installation, it is highly recommended that you uninstall any previous versions of IBM Library Reader.
- Click on a Library Reader self-extracting installation file below for the language of your choice. Use the resulting save dialog to specify a drive and folder on your system into which you wish to save it.
-The Library Reader file will be downloaded to this drive and folder on your system.
- Click on the Windows Start button. The Start menu should appear.
- Select the Run option. The Run window should appear.
- In the Run window, click on Browse. When the Browse window opens, select the drive and folder where you saved the file, then highlight the ilrwinxx.exe file and click on Open. The correct path to the ilrwinxx.exe file should be displayed in the Run window. NOTE: The xx in the filename indicates the language version you selected.
- Click on OK. A window will open asking: "This self-extracting executable will install the IBM Library Reader. Continue?"
- Click Yes and follow the instructions on the Installation window.
- During installation, you will be asked to specify the location (paths) to books, bookshelves and bookshelf indexes.
- During installation, you will be asked to select the default directory shown in the window to save any notes you create in the books, or specify your own directory.
- When installation is complete, and icon for the IBM Library Reader was placed on your desktop.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Library Reader/Windows - US Eng||03/15/99||English||7814503||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - Danish||03/15/99||Danish||5542624||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - German||03/15/99||German||8026926||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - Spanish||03/15/99||Spanish||5474888||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - French||03/15/99||French||7968798||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - Italian||03/15/99||Italian||7948380||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - Dutch||03/15/99||Dutch||5562437||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - Brazil-Por||03/15/99||Brazilian Portuguese||5464399||FTP|
|Library Reader/Windows - Swedish||03/15/99||Swedish||5634479||FTP|
|List of what's fixed||03/15/99||English||8700||FTP|
Formal support is no longer available for the IBM Library Reader for Windows. The IBM Library Reader has been replaced with the newer Java®-based IBM Softcopy Reader which can be downloaded for free and is fully supported by BookManager. The IBM Softcopy Reader is now included on the IBM Softcopy Collection Kit CD-ROMs. However, for our customers whose system does not support Java, you may still download and use the IBM Library Reader Windows version on an "as-is" basis.