How to display the number of records in a report
This technote gives directions for displaying the total number of records in a report when using IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® with Crystal Reports®.
Resolving the problem
In Crystal Reports, you can enable a feature, Grand Total, to display the total number of records in a report.
After completing the below steps, the number of records returned by the query will be printed at the end of your report.
Use these steps to display the record count:
- From the ClearQuest client, edit a report format
- This opens up the Crystal Report Designer
- Go to Insert -> Grand Total
- An "Insert Grand Total" window appears
- Click Count in the upper pane
- Leave CRPT_TMP0001.id or something similar in the bottom pane
- Insert the created field in the report footer
- Your report will now contain the total record count printed at the end