Cannot write data to license server system, FLEXlm -17,13 when using Microsoft DEP Exceptions
Attempts to check server status on the IBM Rational License Server results in the error "Cannot write data to license server system, FLEXlm -17,13 when using Microsoft DEP (Data Execution Prevention) exceptions.
The full error message when checking server status on license server is as follows:
[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
Error getting status: Cannot write data to license server system.
FLEXnet Licensing error:-17,13.System Error: 10054 "WinSock:
Connection reset by peer"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com".
This error generally appears as a result of Microsoft Data Execution Prevention exceptions being enabled on the Rational License Server.
Resolving the problem
When DEP is enabled it attempts to protect your system by not running software that is trying to run not—from a protected location or that is suspects is code—malicious.
To resolve this issue, you must enable an execution in DEP for the Rational Licensing Services:
- On the License Server, right click My Computer and select Properties
- Select the Advance tab
- Click the Settings in the section called Performance
- In the Performance Options dialog box, select the Data Execution Prevention tab
- Select the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select: radio button
- Click the Add, and in the Open File dialog box browse to the rational.exe, then click Open
Note: By default the rational.exe is located in the following directory:
- Repeat step 6 for the lmgrd.exe
Note: By default the lmgrd.exe is located in the following directory:
- Apply changes and restart the system.
Rational License Server should now start without error.
Translate this page: