Folder access privileges
Lotus Quickr place managers, owners, and members (with Author access in the place) can create folders in a place document library to which place members can upload files and add pages, folders, and other content. The manager/owner also can change the properties of the folder itself and any sub-folders, such as the folder name, its description, its default form for authors to use, and its ACL (access control list).
In order for folder access controls to be accessible, the place manager or owner needs to ensure that the place option Folder ACL: Show the ability to restrict access to a folder is enabled. Click Customize > Basics > Show/Hide to enable folder ACLs. Folder ACLs also need to be enabled at the server-level within the qpconfig.xml file.
The following levels of folder access are available:
Folder Manager access
- Folder managers can modify a folder's properties, particularly its ACL and have Author access in the folder.
- The creator of the folder is its manager by default. If the creator has Editor access in the place where the folder resides, he also has Editor access in the folder.
- A folder manager can delete empty folders, but only a place manager can delete non-empty folders.
- The place manager and place owner also have folder Manager rights implicitly and cannot be removed.
Folder Editor access
- Folder editors can view a folder, read any content in a folder, create new content in a folder, and edit or delete any content in the folder (authored by themselves or other) unless a document's access level prevents it.
- A folder's owner/manager can downgrade users with Editor place access to Author or Reader access in the folder by modifying the folder's ACL appropriately.
- A folder's owner/manager can upgrade users with Author place access to Editor access in the folder by modifying the folder's ACL appropriately.
Folder Author access
- Folder authors can view the folder, read its contents, create new folder content, and delete or edit any content they have authored.
- Authors and above can create folders and be Folder managers.
- A folder's owner/manager can downgrade users with Author access in a place to Reader access in the folder by modifying the folder's ACL appropriately.
Folder Reader access
- Folder reader's can view the folder and read any folder content but cannot create, edit, or delete content.
- Users with Reader access in a place cannot be upgraded to Editor or Author access in the folder.
In addition, the following features apply to access control for Lotus Quickr place folders:
- Authors and editors can add an ACL only when first creating a folder, but place managers can add an ACL to an existing folder.
- Any user who is not listed in a folder ACL cannot see the folder unless that user is the place manager or owner.
- When content is copied or moved to/from a secured folder, any document-level ACLs are retained while any ACLs that were inherited from the previous folder instead will be inherited from the ACL of the destination folder. If secured content is copied to a public folder, their ACL will remain unchanged. The user can choose to notify folder members manually when updating folder properties or ACL.
- Only place managers or owners can move or copy folders into a secured folder hierarchy.
- Folder ACLs are supported in rooms, including copying and moving folders between places and rooms.
- Folder ACLs will be applied to all objects that can be placed in a folder such as Lists, documents, folders, and so on.
- When adding a user to a folder ACL, the Member picker only presents the names of people who have access to the place and who have the proper access for the role they are being set to.
- When adding a user to a document-level ACL within a secure folder, the Member picker only presents the names of people who have access to the folder and who have the proper access for the role they are being set to.
- Document-level ACLs can be set in both public and secured folders. For documents in secured folders, the Member picker only presents the names of people with access to the folder. For documents in public folders, the Member picker presents the names of place members with the proper access.
- The Lotus Quickr Connectors implicitly support folder ACLs (that is, connector users cannot view folders they do not have access to), but there is no connector user interface that enables connector users to modfiy or update the ACL.
More support for:
Lotus End of Support Products
Lotus Quickr for Domino
Software version: 8.5, 8.5.1
Operating system(s): AIX, IBM i, Linux, Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 7020669
Modified date: 12 January 2011