Document editor in Lotus Documents does not possess option for hanging indent (outdent)
How can you create a hanging indent (also known as "outdent") in Lotus Documents?
There is no choice for hanging indent at this time. This issue has been report to Quality Engineering as SPR# LBAS77CPLF and is currently under investigation.
You can work around this issue in one of the following ways:
Utilize the Paragraph Properties
- Open a blank new document or select the paragraph you would like the hanging indent to apply to.
- Access the Paragraph Properties in one of the following ways:
- Right-click anywhere and select Paragraph Properties.
- From the Layout menu -> Properties -> Paragraph Properties.
- From the Popup Dropdown Menu on top right of sidebar, select Paragraph Properties.
- On the Sidebar properties tab, in the Paragraph section.
- On the Indents & Spacing tab, change the Before Text indent to your desired value, for example 0.5 inches.
- Change the First Line indent value to the negative of the Before Text value, for example -0.5 inches.
- Click OK.
Using the Indent Marker on the Ruler
- Drag the entire indent marker to the right to the .5 inch mark. This will indent the whole paragraph.
- Drag just the top half of the indent marker back to the left margin. This will leave the bottom half at the .5 inch mark, creating a hanging indent.
**Note:** You cannot drag the bottom half of the indent marker independently.
|Applications - Desktop & Enterprise||Lotus Symphony||Document editor||Linux, Mac OS X, Windows||18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 3.0, 1.3, 1.2.1, 1.2, 1.1, 1.0|
More support for:
Software version: 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.5, 8.5.1, 8.5.2
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: Workstation
Reference #: 1279076
Modified date: 2013-11-27