WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment provides the foundation for deploying business applications to small mobile devices.
Combining the power of WebSphere with the portability of Java, this runtime environment can help you develop and deploy applications to server-managed clients.
- Provides a small-footprint embeddable solution for cellular phones, PDAs, set top boxes, gaming consoles and other mobile devices to connect to business applications.
- Implements open standards and a Java™ Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME) runtime. Has been tested and certified to meet Java ME specifications as defined by the Java Community Process.
- Proven in production on cellular handsets, gaming consoles, automotive telematics systems, industrial PDAs and other embedded devices worldwide.
- Provides configuration options to optimize memory and performance.
- Supports Connected, Limited Device Configuration (CLDC 1.1) and Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP 2.0) for various supported small footprint devices.
- Supports Connected Device Configuration (CDC 1.1), and Foundation Profile and Personal Profile for various supported larger footprint devices.
- Available through an OEM agreement for high-volume (10,000+) devices. Contact IBM for details. (Note: as an alternative, see Lotus Expeditor for related capabilities available through Passport Advantage purchase program.)
- Operating systems supported: Linux, Other Operating Systems, Other UNIX, Windows family
View features and benefits