IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.0, the next generation of business rules technology, delivers comprehensive automation and governance of operational decisions that control the actions of critical business systems.
IBM Operational Decision Manager enables organizations in virtually every industry to improve the quality of transaction and process-related decisions that are made repeatedly, determining the appropriate course of action for each customer, partner, and internal interaction:
- Automate, govern, and improve operational decision-making across business processes and applications for better business outcomes.
- Make more profitable decisions with real-time detection of opportunities and risks.
- Easily, safely, and reliably implement changes in order to meet new market demands or policy requirements.
IBM Operational Decision Manager enables the creation of applications to intelligently automate a wide range of decisions. Some examples of these kinds of decision-management applications include:
- Product and promotional offers
- Eligibility and pricing determinations
- Case and customer prioritizations
- Risk assessments and fraud determinations
IBM Operational Decision Manager provides the ability to adapt to change with increased speed and agility, align business units and IT through enhanced visibility and governance, and act in real time with high performance and reliability.
The offering is built on the market-leading, IBM business rules management technology (formerly WebSphere ILOG Business Rule Management System). It is augmented with IBM capabilities for detecting time-based events in order to drive more responsive actions to business opportunities or risk conditions (formerly WebSphere Business Events). Enhancements in the V8.0 release focus on improving the user experience and performance:
- Enhanced business productivity - With the new Business Console, business users are working with the most productive environment ever:
- Better Visibility into how decisions are updated by the rest of the team
- Better Collaboration across the team using social media style communication
- Better Governance on how decisions are managed with intuitive versioning capabilities
- Simplified decisions - Business Decisions involving both contextual and situational decisioning are simplified in V8.0. Business rules emitting events and events invoking rules are easier to define.
- Improved performance - Testing and simulation can be performed on very large scale data sets. Real life what-if-analysis is performed in a business compatible time frame providing increased accuracy and reliability on simulation outcomes.
- Testing and simulation on the mainframe - Full decision life cycle management capabilities including decision testing and simulation within the zRule Execution Server for z/OS environment and the ability to trace the execution of how a business decision was made through the decision warehouse feature.
IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.0 consists of two orderable products, which together form a comprehensive platform for the management and execution of business rules and business events:
- IBM Decision Center V8.0 -- Provides an integrated repository and management components for line-of-business, subject matter experts to directly participate in the definition and governance of rules-based decision logic. Through the capabilities of WebSphere Decision Center, business and IT functions can work collaboratively, to align the entire organization in the implementation of automated decisions and to accelerate the maintenance lifecycle as they evolve based on new external and internal requirements.
- IBM Decision Server V8.0 -- Provides the run-time and development components to automate decision logic, enabling the detection of actionable business situations and the response of precise decisions based on the specific context of an interaction. With WebSphere Decision Server, organizations can monitor a business network to discover and take action on event-based data patterns, as well as process information against hundreds or even thousands of business rules in order to determine how to respond within both front-end and back-end systems.
What's different: Version to Version Comparison and Enhancements
Performance Points for IBM Operational Decision Manager v.8
IBM Operational Decision Manager Announcement Letter