IBM® Operational Decision Manager (ODM) V8.5 – the next generation of business rules – delivers and insightful and seamless way to automate and govern the frequently occurring, repeatable operational decisions that drive critical business processes, applications and systems.
IBM® Operational Decision Manager V8.5 delivers:
- Remote access to business rules with new integration options that include mobile functionality.
- The new Decision Governance Framework for enhanced change management and governance.
- Additional features to help you automate and govern frequently occurring, repeatable decisions.
Remote access to business rules
- Offers new integration options with IBM Integration Bus and IBM Worklight® platforms.
- Provides new IBM Decision Server Rules Edition for Integration Bus that allows software architects and developers to more easily integrate decision services with IBM Operational Decision Manager support through native IBM Integration Bus.
- Enables mobile application developers to take advantage of IBM Operational Decision Manager in their mobile apps through introduction of a Representational State Transfer (REST) interface to decision services, delivered through the IBM Worklight platform.
The new Decision Governance Framework
- Provides a ready-to-use, prescriptive approach for both large enterprises and small and medium businesses.
- Helps reduce time and cost to deliver decision management through an integrated set of ready-to-use change management capabilities.
- Empowers business users to manage, report and govern changes with ease and control.
IBM Operational Decision Manager helps enable organizations in virtually every industry to improve the quality of transaction and process-related decisions that are made repeatedly and to determine appropriate course of action for each customer, partner, and internal interaction by:
- Automating and governing operational decision-making across business processes and applications to help improve business insight and business outcomes.
- Helping detect opportunities and risks in real time
- Easily and consistently implementing changes to meet new market demands or policy requirements
The offering is built on IBM business rules management technology (formerly WebSphere ILOG Business Rule Management System). It is enhanced with IBM capabilities for detecting time-based events to drive more responsive actions to business opportunities or risk conditions (formerly WebSphere Business Events).
IBM ODM V8.5 consists of several orderable products, which together form a comprehensive platform for the management and execution of business rules and business events:
- IBM Decision Center V8.5 - Provides an integrated repository and management components for line-of-business, subject-matter experts to directly participate in the definition and governance of rules-based decision logic. Through the capabilities of Decision Center, business and IT functions can work collaboratively to align the entire organization in the implementation of automated decisions and to accelerate the maintenance lifecycle as they evolve based on new external and internal requirements.
- IBM Decision Server V8.5 - Provides the run-time and development components to automate decision logic. It enables the detection of actionable business situations and the response of precise decisions based on the specific context of an interaction. With Decision Server, organizations can monitor a business network to discover and take action on event-based data patterns, as well as process information against hundreds or even thousands of business rules to determine how to respond within both front-end and back-end systems.
- Decision Server Rules Edition for Integration Bus V8.5 - A new, entitlement-only package which extends licensing to deliver ODM integration with the new IBM Integration Bus offering (formerly IBM WebSphere Message Broker).
- IBM ODM Express V8.5 - Provides a low-cost of ownership entry option for small to medium size businesses to get started with operational decision management.
What's different: Version to Version Comparison and Enhancements
Performance Points for IBM Operational Decision Manager v.8
Announcement Letter: IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.5 (April 2013)