IBM® Business Process Manager (BPM) V8.5 is a comprehensive and consumable business process management platform designed for faster time to deployment. For use straight out of the box or in an easily customizable configuration, this highly integrated environment scales smoothly and easily from initial project to enterprise-wide program, providing faster time to value with improved user productivity.
Business Process Manager V8.5 includes tooling and run time for process design, execution, monitoring, and optimization of business processes. BPM V8.5 helps to reinvent business processes with:
- Simplified BPM installation, configuration, migration, and administration capabilities—to help reduce the time and effort required to setup, manage, and expand IBM BPM environments.
- Built-in dashboards enhancements— to help improve business process outcomes using dashboard customization option for enhanced visibility.
- Entitlement to IBM Worklight Enterprise Edition for Nonproduction Environment —to help accelerate the development of IBM BPM applications on mobile devices.
- New internal repository—for consistent storage of internal and external document attachments using standard Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) interfaces.
- Improved communications and change tracking—for better collaboration between business process stakeholders using IBM Blueworks Live and implementation teams using IBM BPM.
IBM Business Process Manager supports:
- Full visibility for streamlining tasks, enabling continuous process improvement through analytics.
- Real-time collaboration for facilitating task management and communications with subject matter experts, helping to ensure project accuracy and timely completion.
- Program-wide governance using the Process Center, a scalable and centralized, common design environment and asset repository.
- Enterprise integration of applications and back-end systems.
- BPM mobile capability for task management from both IBM Business Process Manager and Blueworks Live™.
IBM® Business Process Manager Advanced supports enterprise integration and transaction process management as part of an overall service-oriented architecture (SOA). This software includes the same features as the standard version of the business process manager (BPM) offering with more advanced integration and connectivity capabilities. It combines simplicity with ease-of-use for task management, as well as extended support for high-volume automation.
Announcement Letter: IBM Business Process Manager V8.5 (April 2013)
What’s different: Version to Version Comparison and Enhancements