Challenges of effective Fraud Detection and Prevention
The increasing sophistication of fraudulent attacks against card issuers, checking accounts and ACH together with the increased importance of compliance with global Anti-Money Laundering (AML) legislation serves to focus the attention of financial institutions around the world. Evolving threats include:
- Increased opportunistic, non-pattern based fraud.
- Growth of organized crime and terrorism and their requirement for significant funding.
- Increased reputational risk associated with poor fraud detection capabilities.
Where we can help
We deliver a common platform to address fraud threats across an organization, removing the need to identify different solutions and platforms to tackle credit card, debit card check and money-laundering fraud. Organizations can integrate IBM’s best-of-breed capabilities and paradigms together with adaptive case management to improve detection rates, productivity and customer satisfaction. With WebSphere Solutions, banks can:
- Monitor transactions in real-time across multiple channels to identify and take action against suspicious activity.
- Identify suspicious transactions and accurately assess the level of threat in relation to customer impact.
- Monitor various types of transactions (ATM, Remote Banking, Wire/ACH Transfers, Deposits) conducted by internal and external resources across multiple channels e.g. web, phone and mobile.
Popular downloads for Risk & Fraud Management
Preventing fraud in debit and credit card transactions
This white paper examines some of the most important issues facing the global card industry’s war on fraud and its perpetrators. It recommends strategic and operational changes that should be made to ensure the effective, optimal overlay of industry and domain knowledge with relevant strategies, technology and methodologies. This includes the need to integrate effective detection, decision and monitoring paradigms such as business rule management systems (BRMS) to enable the execution of a holistic and integrated fraud detection strategy.
White Paper: Download now
Transactional fraud detection: Fighting next generation financial crimes
The increasing prevalence of enterprise financial crimes has made fraud prevention and investments in prevention technology a long-overdue priority to organizations around the world. As a result, organizations are learning that the consolidated software platform approach to fraud detection is fundamentally flawed and falls short on detecting and preventing fraudulent transactions.
White Paper: Download now
Integrated risk management: Ad hoc risk and compliance control
Learn how you can integrate risk management into your most important operational decisions and business processes, such as Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC) and credit risk.
On-demand Webcast: Watch now