Challenges in payments processing
New payments regulations are driving change and innovation, and banks are struggling to maintain leadership because they face the following challenges:
- Duplicate systems and too many connections are costly to maintain.
- Manual payment processes and approvals are slow and error prone.
- Regulations and commoditization are squeezing profits.
Where we can help
Business Agility in payments processing means that we help banks achieve an optimized payments system with IBM BRMS, BPM and infrastructure simplification. With WebSphere Solutions banks can:
- Reduce the operational costs of your payment business while maintaining differentiated service levels.
- Automate manual processes to reduce the time required to complete payments process and increase accuracy and consistency.
- Improve payment infrastructure incrementally in order to communicate across numerous payment networks and meet regulatory requirements.
Visa Europe success story
Watch this video to find out how Visa Europe implemented IBM WebSphere ILOG JRules at the heart of a new clearing and settlement platform. It enables Visa Europe to reach unprecedented levels of agility and quickly adapt to changing European market needs.
Payments processing: deeper dive in payments transformation and payments system
The business rule approach to payment transformation
As competitive and regulatory pressure intensifies globally, financial institutions are transforming their payment systems using IBM BRMS as a way to drive costs down by consolidating many duplicated systems while simultaneously improving flexibility and service differentiation.
White Paper: Read now
Other banking areas
IBM Banking on Twitter
IBM PureSystems and WebSphere Industry solutions
Listen to IBM industry experts explain how the new PureSystems offerings can help industries more rapidly respond to customer’s evolving needs while reducing IT complexity and costs.