As the automotive industry continues to expand, the need for cost-efficient responses to regulation that strives for process efficiency, grows increasingly important. Marketplace growth, outsourcing product development activities, customer demands for improved reliability, human-vehicle interaction software, and competition are changing the dynamics in the automotive industry.
This new economy challenges automotive companies with several complexities like:
WebSphere software can help to:
WebSphere software can help automotive manufacturers to optimize business processes across the organization, gain visibility into information for automated decision making, along with providing solutions and scalable infrastructure to support the changing needs of the business. WebSphere offers software and solutions to help in many areas of the business including:
- Increased accuracy of production lead time up to 90%
- Reduced warranty claim processing costs during the first six months of deployment, resulting in savings of over $30 million
- Improved visibility into core processes, such as order management, provisioning or accounting, through real time monitoring and business friendly dashboards
- Enhanced productivity through standardized, integrated and automated processes across vehicle lines
- Reduced time-to-market for campaigns, such as seasonal discounts, make/model-specific promotions and partner agreements
- Empowered business users to own process & policy changes in many areas, such as contract management, production quality control or sale commissioning
Automative Industry Imperatives
Automotive industry case studies
Considering a purchase?
Featured videos module
BPM Demo for Automotive industry
IBM PureSystems and WebSphere Industry solutions
Listen to IBM industry experts explain how the new PureSystems offerings can help industries more rapidly respond to customer’s evolving needs while reducing IT complexity and costs.