Retailers make better decisions with IBM technology. Optimization software models merchandising strategy to recommend the best alternatives. Supply Chain Management applications determine optimal product flow to meet service levels and cut costs.
By providing supply chain planning and execution solutions across the extended enterprise, IBM enables companies to anticipate, control and react to demand and supply volatility within the supply chain. Working together, optimization and supply chain applications help companies anticipate, control, and react to demand and supply volatility within the Retail supply chain:
- Custom and Off-the-Shelf Retail solutions: Maximize your IT investment. Large, lengthy implementations can cause more problems than they solve. Instead, IBM software works with your existing applications, ERP solutions or mainframe-based systems, extending their functionality. Together, IBM ILOG optimization and supply chain management application technologies promote adaptive, effective merchandising.
- Optimization eliminates guesswork: Find the right solution with IBM ILOG optimization software. Automated optimization replaces gut-feel with scientific research. Retailers and vendors can quickly calculate the best possible price points, discounts, promotions, planograms and displays. Accurate data enables effective demand-based merchandising.
IBM solutions for Retail combine optimization and supply chain management applications with your own expertise enabling you to:
- Create an agile system in which you can optimize inventory investments across channels
- Identify ways to lower inventory levels while reducing out of stocks, improving sales and reducing transportation costs
- Use predictive analytics to determine the best response to changing demand
- Improve decision making through visibility and interactive scenarios of the trade-offs between service levels, inventory carrying costs, facility costs, transportation costs and carbon impact factors.