Reduce costs, Improve Operational Efficiency, and Enhance the Customer Experience
IBM solutions for Supply Chain Management enable companies to anticipate, control, and react to demand and supply volatility within the distribution network. With IBM Supply Chain Management for Logistics, firms can now solve complex planning, scheduling, and logistics management problems while tying these operations to corporate objectives to reduce costs, improve operational efficiency and enhance the customer experience.
Accomplish key objectives
Carriers, distributors, manufacturers, shippers, and logistics service providers achieve essential goals with IBM ILOG-based solutions:
- Reduce supply chain costs by optimizing and executing complex order fulfillment processes
- Improve operational efficiency by integrating order fulfillment operations with inventory and planning optimization
- Improve customer experience by fulfilling more perfect orders in the demand chain
Deploy the right solutions
Companies can tap into the power of IBM’s intelligent technology to significantly improve operational efficiency in key areas:
- Planning and scheduling
- Order fulfillment
- Automating manually intensive processes
Powerful IBM solutions are being deployed by many companies to increase efficiency and achieve the most critical goals:
- Manage transportation spending and costs
- Improve load consolidation, mode and carrier selection and route optimization to help your bottom line.
- Reduce cycle times
- Find the best way to rapidly deliver goods without breaking your budget.
- Increase asset utilization
- Add stops to routes and alter hub-spoke patterns to reduce excess capacity.
- Efficiently schedule operations
- Schedule facility resources while planning transportation reduces detention charges and streamlines the workload.
- Manage corporate growth strategies
- Fuse scenario planning into corporate strategies reduces risk and opens up new opportunities
- Improve corporate competitiveness
- Agile logistics planning enables faster response to ever-changing market conditions.
- Deliver excellent service
- Find the right balance between service and cost for each segment of your customer base gives you a competitive advantage.
IBM ILOG solutions address key technical challenges:
- Planning and scheduling: Improve business performance and increase corporate value. Today’s supply chains greatly benefit from the best optimization technology. IBM is the optimization leader; its software powers major Supply Chain Management suites.