Enable client authentication
If you enable client authentication, the server validates clients
by checking for trusted certificate authority (CA) root certificates
in the local key database.
For each virtual host, choose
the level and the type of client authentication.
- In the configuration file, on the
specify one of the following values for each virtual host stanza.
A virtual host stanza is a section of the configuration file that applies to one virtual host.
- The server requests no client certificate from the client.
- The server requests, but does not require, a client certificate.
If it is presented it must be valid.
- The server requires a valid certificate from all clients.
- Save the configuration file and restart the server.
- In the configuration file, specify one of the
following directives for each virtual host stanza: