Master hybrid cloud. Tackle cyber security.
In the digital era, you need to disrupt or you will be disrupted. Businesses are moving to cloud to quickly deliver on new opportunities with agility and unlock the possibilities of the API economy. But what about cyber security?
IBM z Systems is announcing new technologies and capabilities to deliver hybrid cloud — without the risk. We are bringing mainframe security from the back office to the front lines of defense.
IBM System z software combines leading-edge solutions with the unparalleled capabilities of the System z platform. With System z software, you have an enterprise wide infrastructure for cloud delivery, integration of operational data with analytics, and mobile optimization - driving new levels of performance and cost efficiency all with ultimate security. Whether you are building your business on the infrastructure and inherent strengths of a mainframe core operating system, or looking to leverage open sourced technology - System z delivers what you need. Learn more (PDF, 145KB)
IBM System z - What we offer
Build, engage, transform, and optimise from mobile devices to back-end systems - including IBM Worklight, IBM Endpoint Manager, CICS with Mobile Extensions, and JSON support in DB2 and IMS.
Gain faster access to critical insight while minimising cost and complexity with innovative technologies for data warehousing, predictive analytics, business intelligence and more
Effectively manage mainframe performance, availability, workloads, software assets, provisioning, storage security and SNA & IP – including OMEGAMON, ITCAM and more
Empower your information with databases, tools and enterprise content management, including DB2, IMS, ECM and more
Develop, modernise and deploy your applications and new workloads – including Rational Developer for System z, Rational Team Concert, Portals, and more
For scale in back-office systems and connectivity to new endpoints of front-office engagements. Includes CICS, WebSphere Application Server, MQ, productivity and tuning tools.
Reduce risks and costs with solutions that provide ultimate protection for information and infrastructure, including InfoSphere Guardium, IBM Security zSecure suite and more
IBM System z - Featured resources
- Analyst reports
- Forrester measures economic impact of Application Portfolio Management (PDF, 204KB)
- Transworld Data Case Study: IBM Tivoli Omegamon (PDF, 51KB)
- Application Development & Delivery Professionals: zEnterprise Should Change the Role of The Mainframe in Application Strategy Decisions (PDF, 457KB)
- 9sight Consulting: "Integrating Analytics into the Operational Fabric of Your Business"
- Clipper Group: "IBM Changes Its z/OS Release Plan and Extends Its Support" (PDF, 499KB)
- More analyst reports (US)
- The (Modern) Art of Application Development (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- A Smarter Path to Workload Optimization (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Transaction Integrity is Integral to Business Success (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- A Proactive, Preventative Approach to Compliance and Security (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Client success stories
- ISV software
- Mainframe skills
- Training and education
- White papers
- Keep mainframe software current - and get a big bang for the buck (PDF,425KB)
- IBM Technical White Paper: IBM Modern Java Batch Solutions. From Basic to Advanced (PDF, 830KB)
- IBM Modern Java Batch Solutions. From Basic to Advanced (PDF, 830KB)
- Considerations for Making System z your ESB Deployment Platform (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Consolidated Security Management for Mainframe Clouds
- More white papers (US)
More System z software links
Find more System z software resources in this extensive listing:
I'm here to help:
Contact IBM for Enterprise technical support for IBM products and services.
IBM provides world-class IBM mainframe technology to help today's enterprises respond quickly to evolving business conditions and with extreme flexibility. From automation to advanced virtualisation technologies and open industry standards, IBM mainframes help deliver competitive advantages for enterprises contributing and succeeding on a smarter planet.
IBM's technology, solutions and industry expertise can help you find the competitive edge with a sharper understanding of your customers. Our z Systems solutions combine the foundation of IBM hardware, software and middleware with flexible financing and packaging options to help your business meet and overcome the challenges of doing business in the on demand world. IBM can help you develop a customer-centric view—and assist you in delivering the right solution and the right products.
IBM z Systems servers are supported by a multitude of operating systems, such as z/OS, z/VSE, z/TPF, Linux on z Systems and the z/VM hypervisor.
Explore how the mainframe makes the extraordinary possible.
The Met Office forecasts a bright outlook for Linux on zEnterprise
Saving software licensing and hardware lifecycle costs by consolidating applications and systems
eGuide: Meeting the Mobile Challenge on the Mainframe
Enabling Your Mainframe Data on Mobile Devices