Easy to use yet versatile enough to take on any analytic and predictive tasks, the IBM SPSS Statistics product family speeds and simplifies the entire analytical process, from data access and preparation to analysis, deployment of results and reporting.
Why IBM SPSS Statistics?
IBM SPSS Statistics offers superior capabilities, flexibility and usability that are not available in traditional statistical software. With decades of built-in expertise and innovation, it's the world's number one choice for reliable statistical analysis. Benefits for the business analyst or analytic professional include:
A Quality User Experience
- An Interactive Model Viewer
- The ability to quickly analyze large datasets within pivot tables
- Access to a newly improved Syntax Editor, with auto-completion, auto indentation, color-coding and other features to make it easier to automate analytics production jobs
- Access to multiple interface languages for global teams that may be working on the same project
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office applications
Better Productivity and Performance
- Quickly prepare data in just a single step with Automated Data Preparation
- View significance tests in the main results table
- Fast performance on procedures for Frequencies, Descriptives and Crosstabs
- Manage and analyze business datasets
- Create customized, user-defined interfaces for existing procedures and user-defined procedures
- Multithreaded procedures that improve performance and scalability
Powerful, Leading-Edge Analytics
- Direct marketing functionality that allows business users to run their own analyses
- Bootstrapping capabilities that improve the stability of models
- Nonparametric testing procedures
- Regularization methods including Ridge regression, Lasso and Elastic Net, that improve predictive models by reducing coefficient variability
- Multithreaded algorithms including SORT, correlation, partial correlation linear regression, multinomial linear regression, factor analysis
- Nearest Neighbor analysis for prediction or classification
- Non-linear data modeling procedures to discover more complex relationships in your data
- Cox Regression that enables survival analysis for samples drawn by complex sampling methods
Extensibility for your IT Infrastructure
- Support for 64-bit hardware on desktop for Windows and Mac
- Support for Snow Leopard on Mac OS X 10.6
- Support for IBM System z servers running Linux
- Mac and Linux users can connect clients to IBM SPSS Statistics Server
- Support for Python as a “front-end” cross-platform scripting language and support for R algorithms
Collaboration capabilities boost the productivity of analysts using IBM SPSS Statistics, and server-based options increase scalability and performance. You can choose pre-configured editions to ensure that everyone performing analytics has all the functionality they need. Or choose from more than a dozen specialty modules to meet your unique analytical requirements. Special software packages are also available for students, professors and others in higher education.
Learn more about special editions of IBM SPSS Statistics
Discover the rich capabilities of our special-purpose modules.
Learn what IBM SPSS Statistics offers to educational institutions (US).
Find out about other products that complement IBM SPSS Statistics