What’s New in IBM Endpoint Manager 9.0
What's New in IBM Endpoint Manager 9.0
IBM® Endpoint Manager built on Bigfix® technology, helps customers achieve smarter, faster endpoint management by providing real time visibility and control across all endpoints, regardless of location or bandwidth constraint. It combines endpoint and security management to offer a unified solution from a single console to manage up to 250,000 endpoints per server and take targeted actions across the endpoint environment in minutes there by reducing the costs and risks and offering a very quick return on investment.
IBM Endpoint Manager 9.0 expands upon the previous versions by delivering several new improvements including:
- Enhanced software distribution capabilities that allow end users to self-provision software by selecting from a list of administrator-approved applications and dramatically reduce patch cycles and achieve up to 99% first-pass success rates.
- Enhanced audit and AIX patching capabilities to gain greater visibility into patch compliance and patch online and offline virtual machines while compressing patch management process cycle times by up to 80%.
- Expanded complete remote control capabilities to support internet brokered connections regardless of connection type and helps reduce routine labor requirements by up to 80%.
- Expanded coverage for Center for Internet Security (CIS) and enhanced reporting functions that provides a Host-based vulnerability assessment with a 99.9% accuracy rate.
- Expanded platform coverage option to deploy the Enterprise Manager server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and DB2 in addition to existing support for Microsoft Windows and SQL Server configurations.
- Newly supported agent platforms in V9.0 include Solaris 11, Debian 6, and Ubuntu 12.04 in addition to previously released support for Mac OS X 10.8, Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012.