IBM Service Management software unlocks innovation in your organization. Get the Visibility, Control, and Automation you need to deliver services aligned to your business goals—Visibility to see and understand the workings of your business; Control to effectively manage your business, minimize risk, and protect your brand; and Automation to optimize your business, reduce the cost of operations and deliver new services more rapidly.
Built on the Tivoli Service Management Platform, IBM offers the broadest and deepest set of capabilities in the industry wrapped with best practices (such as ITIL V3), methodologies and services, to help you leverage those capabilities in your environment as efficiently and proactively as possible.
To make it easier for you to get started or move to the next stage of your service management implementation, we've organized our comprehensive portfolio into Value Segments with Entry Points and Starter Projects designed to address your most critical needs and reduce time to value.
The seven most common service management product categories based on customer-defined needs: Service Delivery and Process Automation; Service availability & Performance Management; Storage Management; Security, Risk and Compliance; Datacenter Transformation; Asset & Financial Management; and Network & Service Assurance
The five key initiatives clients must address for effective service management:
Groupings of IBM Service Management software and services designed to quickly and effectively address specific issues within each Entry Point. For example, 'Infrastructure and discovery mapping' is one of the Discover Starter Projects. Using IBM Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager along with Change and Configuration Management Database, you can automatically discover what you have in your environment and track dependencies which can then be used as the basis for the change and problem management processes you can leverage across your organization.
IBM is uniquely qualified to bring you the software, hardware and service excellence combined with best practice expertise in standards like ITIL V3, eTOM, ISO17799, and Six Sigma to help accelerate your progress down the path of innovation and success.
Find out more about IBM Service Management and how you can get the integrated Visibility, Control and Automation you need across your business and technology assets to realize increased growth and competitive edge.
IBM Service Management resources
IBM Service Management links
- 01/09 Smart Infrastructure Is Best Path (CRN)
- 01/09 IBM Cloud Computing Helps Solve Real-World Problems
- 01/09 Virtualization, Cloud Computing on the Rise (eWeek)
- 01/09 NY Fire Dept. Chooses IBM for Smart Fire Safety System
- 01/09 Korean Air Renews Strategic IBM Outsourcing Contract
- 12/08 Industry Watch: Opening the door carefully (SDTImes)
- 12/08 IBM Teams with Channel Partners to improve Digital Security (IT Channel Planet)
- 11/08 IBM Has Tech Answer for Woes of Economy (NY Times)
- 11/08 Telco Resolves Network Problems with IBM Service Management (TradingMarekts)
- 10/08 IBM bundles up cloud initiatives (IDG)
- 10/08 IBM software bundle targets retail theft, data breaches (Network World)
- 09/08 - IBM Expects Customers to Build Security Best Practices Through SaaS
- 09/08 - IBM releases new single sign-on security software (ITnews)
One of the top areas of concerns for companies, Compliance Management is a comprehensive solution covering user provisioning
IT Operational Management Products automate tasks to address application or business service operational management challenges.
IT Process Management products bridge organizational silos, automating and integrating IT management processes for responsiveness and flexibility.
IBM ITSM - IT Service Management Essentials leverages IBM's unique value to deliver a software and service solution that can help clients achieve measurable results.
IT Service Management Platform enables standardized shared information.