IBM Service Management for Energy and Utilities provides foundational capabilities of visibility, control, and automation that help utilities manage intelligent meter networks, mitigate security risk, and optimize work and asset lifecycle management.
IBM Service Management for Energy & Utilities solutions empower companies to deliver innovative service capabilities that:
- Optimize plant, distribution and meter asset lifecycle decisions including procurement, deployment, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Monitor and Manage complex smart metering networks with topology mapping, alarms & events management, root cause analysis & problem management, and change & configuration management.
- Mitigate threats and vulnerabilities with a centralized security approach across all business domains.
- Compliance with regulatory and operational risk mandates
Back to top
Learn how IBM Service Management for Energy and Utilities is helping manage intelligent meter networks, mitigate security risk, and optimize work and asset lifecycle management through improved visibility, control, and automation.
Back to top
Intelligent Metering Network Management
The IBM Intelligent Metering Network Management solution helps utilities manage complex networks and IP enabled devices deployed to support smart grid and smart metering projects.
- Solution brief: IBM Intelligent Metering Network Management Monitor and control your smart grid infrastructure
- Video: IBM Intelligent Metering Network Management Overview
- Video Demo: IBM Intelligent Metering Network Management
- White paper: Empowering intelligent utility networks with visibility and control (PDF, 1.22MB) IBM Intelligent Metering Network Management software solution provides capabilities to collectively manage many linked devices with a highly complex flow of information for utilities deploying advanced smart grid and smart metering networks.
- White paper: Integrated Service Management for the Intelligent Utility Network
One of the key challenges facing the industry is how to take advantage of new technologies to better manage the delivery of service to customers today and into the future.
- Webcast: Monitor & Manage Smart Metering Networks Utilities need to leverage advanced technology to increase visibility, control, & automation across this advanced metering infrastructure including…
Back to top
As utilities implement smart grid initiatives, the prevalence of IP-enabled and other networked devices on the distribution and transmission network is a new and evolving security risk. Security solutions for smart metering from IBM address traditional security challenges and new exposures with tools for identity and access management, business-based security policy management, regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Solution brief: Security solutions for smart metering from IBM A proactive and integrated security approach
- Launchpad: IBM Security Solutions for the Smart Grid This menu interface provides a high-level overview of the security challenges in Energy & Utilities, security solution demonstrations to address security challenges, expert perspectives regarding security in E&U and resource links for the IBM Security Solutions portfolio of offering for securing the Smart Grid.
- Solution brief: IBM Rational security solutions for energy and utility companies
Application security for risk reduction and regulatory compliance for utilities building the smart grid
- White paper: IBM end-to-end security for smart grids (PDF, 749KB)
- Security, Risk and Compliance Management: Comprehensive security for a dynamic infrastructure
Back to top
Work & Asset Lifecycle Mgmt
IBM Service Management solutions from IBM enable effective work and asset management for plant, transmission and distribution in water, gas and electric utilities.
Enterprise Asset Management
IBM Service Management solutions enable greater visibility and better control of assets while achieving higher levels of asset performance through increased availability and reliability.
- Brochure: Utilities improve efficiency with enterprise asset management (PDF, 742KB)
- IBM Maximo Industry Solution for Nuclear Power Manages the life cycle of assets across nuclear plants and fleets by streamlining and automating key asset management processes.
- Smarter Buildings Through enterprise asset management, building owners, operators and facility managers can improve enterprise asset performance to reduce energy, increase space utilization and minimize the environmental impact of their buildings in a sustainable, cost effective manner.
- Solution brief: : Adopt an approach to managing assets that can support the nuclear renaissance (PDF, 388KB)
- Solution brief: Achieve greater efficiency in asset management by managing all your asset types on a single platform (PDF, 396KB)
- Solution brief: Better manage your linear assets with IBM Maximo Linear Asset Manager (PDF, 196KB)
- White paper: An integrated approach to managing today’s energy and utility assets (PDF, 530KB)
- Case study: DTE Energy unlocks synergy and gains flexibility with common, integrated business processes (PDF, 504KB)
- Case study: Meridian Energy manages the maintenance of nine power stations with IBM Maximo software (PDF, 122KB)
- Case study: Lower Colorado River Authority expands throughout Texas with IBM Maximo solution
- Case study: International Power fuels growth with IBM Maximo asset management (PDF, 280KB)
IT Asset Management
IBM Service Management solutions help to reduce the cost of IT assets through the lifecycle and get the best return on the systems used to manage all assets, while making sure that service levels and customer satisfaction are improved.
Back to top
Regulatory & Risk Compliance
Mitigate operational risks.
Turn regulatory compliance into service excellence.
Back to top