IBM Hardware Asset Management for IT is a comprehensive solution that combines asset purchasing, inventory, financial, maintenance and contract management into one flexible interface. It tracks and manages the complete life cycle of your IT assets and provides workflows to manage the processes for control, audit and reconciliation of authorized versus deployed assets. This solution helps manage hardware assets by:
- Prioritizing and organizing contract management activity through alerts and workflow.
- Reducing the costs of purchase orders by streamlining the IT asset procurement process.
- Avoiding unnecessary purchases through accurate inventory management.
- Enabling efficient financial control of hardware assets by reconciling what's been purchased, received, deployed and invoiced.
- Identifying and removing older IT assets that are costly to maintain.
IBM Hardware Asset Management brings together two powerful IBM software products that help you avoid hardware life-cycle management problems: IBM Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager and IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT. Together they provide the tools you need to discover, analyze, plan, execute and monitor all your hardware assets. The products deliver:
- A flexible, easy-to-configure, Web-architected solution built on J2EE™ — leading, standards-based technology — featuring advanced business process management.
- An easy-to-upgrade asset management system that keeps configurations of the asset management application intact.
- Closed-loop automation across business silos.
- A configurable user interface, dashboards, key performance indicators (KPIs), reports, ability to create new applications and more.
- Discovery of assets across the enterprise.
- A holistic view of interdependencies between applications, computer systems and network devices.
To speed implementation of IBM Hardware Asset Management, IBM Global Technology Services consultants will install and configure the solution to meet your business objectives. One of the world's largest consulting organizations — with a community practice of more than 5,000 global members including operational managers, architects, consultants and software developers — IBM Global Technology Services draws on a broad range of capabilities and a comprehensive portfolio of business and IT consulting services. We deliver services for installation, personalization and testing, documentation and training for key personnel and also offer:
- Time-tested processes and tools, for assurance of reliable results and practical service management design.
- Intellectual capital and proven templates and examples to help speed project execution.
- A wealth of experience designing and implementing asset management systems.
- Predictable and reliable project management-driven results, so you can get it right the first time.
- Deep experience managing a global, heterogeneous, multisourced infrastructure with both large and small data centers.
The IBM Hardware Asset Management solution offers a complete, integrated way to achieve cost controls and meet service goals — based on industry best practices. It maximizes the performance and lifetime value of complex assets and closely aligns them with your overall business strategy to help you:
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership through efficient, system-wide discovery and management processes.
- Enhance service delivery by standardizing hardware management processes.
- Increase the efficiency of change management and the effectiveness of planning.
- Help meet internal and regulatory compliance requirements.
Products included in this solution
- IBM Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager
Provides complete, detailed application maps of business applications and supporting infrastructure, including cross-tier dependencies, run-time configuration values and complete change history.
- IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT
IBM Tivoli Asset Management for IT enables efficient and effective management of the IT asset lifecycle, to lower cost, mitigate license and regulatory compliance risk, and better align IT with business goals.
- IT & Software Asset Management
Providing the information required to track, manage, and service IT assets efficiently through their entire life cycle.
Hardware Asset Management for IT resources
Hardware Asset Management for IT links
Data sheet: Employ discovery and asset management products to effectively and efficiently manage hardware life cycles. (243KB)
Page last updated on July 31, 2007.