Use and maintain
IBM® Tivoli® Workload Scheduler (TWS) LoadLeveler® enables users to run more jobs in less time
It is a parallel scheduling system that matches each job's processing needs and priority with available resources and special instructions for maximum resource utilization.
- Delivers tight control of resources: can limit use of individual machines to specific times, users or job classes, or can use machines only when the keyboard and mouse are inactive
- Tracks the total resources used by each serial or parallel job and offers several reporting options to track jobs and utilization by user, group, account or type over a specified time period
- Can incorporate machine speed to adjust chargeback rates and be configured to require an account for each job to support chargeback for resource use
- Offers both a command line interface and a graphical interface in addition to an API enabling user-written applications to control it
- Supports high-availability configurations to ensure reliable operation, and automatically monitors available compute resources to ensure that no jobs are scheduled to failed machines
- Integrates with AIX® Workload Manager (WLM) and the IBM High Performance Switch (HPS) for System p™ hardware, and includes an algorithm for the Blue Gene® machine BG/L
- "Solution Sheet: Maximize operational efficiencies and business resiliency"
- Operating systems supported: AIX, Linux
View features and benefits