Features & Benefits
|Features||Advantages||Advantages & Benefits|
|Manage and maintain all of your images from a single interface||
- Unified physical and virtual image management from a single interface.
- Discover, capture, store and deploy virtual images and physical server images from a single repository.
- Streamline operating system (OS) provisioning and virtual image management regardless of hardware or virtualization technology|
- Reduce labor costs by better managing “image sprawl”
|Increase server utilization and reduce energy costs with unlimited anywhere-to-anywhere server image conversions (P2V, V2P, V2V)||- Optimize server utilization and accelerate server consolidation with image conversion capabilities (Physical-to-Virtual, Virtual-to-Physical or Virtual-to-Virtual)||- Seamless migrations between servers accelerates servers consolidation and allows for improved portability of images during the software development lifecycle (development to product or vice versa)|
|Optimized image capture, deployment and storage||
- Differential image capture, and deployment for both physical and virtual images minimizes network impact and storage requirements.
- Our patented virtual image capture removes unnecessary files and defragments the image
|- Market leading technology that allows customers to reduce both the number of physical or virtual images and the storage required for them|
|Improve your agility, and flexibility||- Easy Snapshot and recovery of servers||- You can improve your agility, and flexibility through snapshot/recovery of servers with complete hardware independence|
|Hypervisor independent Image management||
- Discovery of VM instances and images on different virtualization infrastructures (VMWare ESX, KVM, Hyper-V and Xen)
- Support for multiple image formats
- Consolidated view of heterogeneous physical and virtual images
|- If you have more than one hypervisor technology you can now quickly deploy a single image to any environment (VMWare ESX, KVM, Hyper-V and Xen)|
More features & Benefits…
Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images also helps in the following ways:
Physical to Virtual (P2V)
Virtual to Physical (V2P)
Virtual to Virtual (V2V):